Hacking quick question about acekard akaio and dsi xl

daken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have an acekard 2i running the latest akaio firmware which i think is 1.6 on my ds lite.
i was thinking about getting an dsi xl today and was wondering if the card will work on the dsi xl.

im not just asking if it will rin the games i would also like to know if i will be able to use all the features like the dsi shop. dsi ware and the dsi browser.

also is there a chance that ninty will bring out some kinda firmware update or some kind of update on a game that will stop the card from working?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If your acekard has run the firmware update to work on a DSi 1.4 (which is separate from the AKAIO updates!) it'll work on the DSi XL, which is just a large DSi using the same firmware.

Yes, the shop and crap still work.

Yes, nintendo will most likely try again to stop carts with their next DSi firmware, but that hasn't happened yet.

daken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont have the 1.4 firmwre update. but i just install it using a sd lite dont i?
if/when they do bring an pdate out to stop the cards from working i assume someone will get it working again but if not can you not accept the update and carry on playing the games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1