• Views 513,828
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

klaudio5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know whether it's possible to disable the trap filter that is enabled by default in the Snes9x TX and FCEU TX emulators? I generally prefer the unfiltered look over the filtered one, specifically in Earthbound, where it's possible to see horizontally-scrolling diagonal strips against the background in Ness's house with the filter on. Plus, the filter makes games look a bit too sharp for my taste.

OnnenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sort of a newbie here but.. has anyone been familiar with the game "Bleach Shattered Blade" for Wii? and if so, has any attempted to find the voice SFX, or sound effects using Wii Scrubber? So far I was able to get to the background music (BGM) which was under an "AFS" file modifying it to my own, but I'm unable to locate any voice SFX or attack SFX. I see "AI" and "ACT" files, but I'm unable to do anything with them since I don't exactly know if they are related to voice SFX or if there are tools to operate them. Keep in mind this game was made in 2006 which means it was made in a time where "tools" weren't really made yet being that Wii had just came out.... but I'm sure there is a possibility to finding voice SFX.. some things are well-encrypted.

EDIT: Found the voices, if BGM was an afs file, then logically the voices would also have to be an afs file, seems it was just well hidden. :) But it seems the other sfx may be well-encrypted with the animation of the file from what I'm guessing.. I only found a portion of the audios (Audios of what you can buy from the shop in game)

Attachments

• 4136.jpg
    4136.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by OnnenX,

new_omega

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I recently got my hands on a modded PAL Wii and I want to play some original PAL GameCube games that I borrowed from a friend. I currently don't have a hard/flash drive to load images, only a bunch of licensed games, memory card and a controller.

The thing is, when I try to launch a GC game (with controller plugged in slot 1 and memory card plugged in slot A) the screen just goes black and the console stops responding. Only a hold of power button helps to reboot the console.

So, I never dug in modding Wii console, and I can't really figure out what's wrong. On the console I have a lot of installed software, like DIOS-MIOS Booter (SVN r30 by FIX94, built May 24 2013), USB Loader, USB Loader GX, NIntendont, Configurable USB Loader. It seems like DM Botter can boot games from disc in drive, but I got the same result (black screen). I tried to play with settings, like boot type, but it didn't help. The console launches Wii games from discs, so I guess the drive is fine. I tried all other loaders, but they don' do the job. Maybe some of them are outdated, but I believe that every software used as a build of late 2012-2013.

The goal is to be able to play GC games from original discs (and later maybe via hdd). What can you suggest?

new_omega

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I recently got my hands on a modded PAL Wii and I want to play some original PAL GameCube games that I borrowed from a friend. I currently don't have a hard/flash drive to load images, only a bunch of licensed games, memory card and a controller.

The thing is, when I try to launch a GC game (with controller plugged in slot 1 and memory card plugged in slot A) the screen just goes black and the console stops responding. Only a hold of power button helps to reboot the console.

So, I never dug in modding Wii console, and I can't really figure out what's wrong. On the console I have a lot of installed software, like DIOS-MIOS Booter (SVN r30 by FIX94, built May 24 2013), USB Loader, USB Loader GX, NIntendont, Configurable USB Loader. It seems like DM Botter can boot games from disc in drive, but I got the same result (black screen). I tried to play with settings, like boot type, but it didn't help. The console launches Wii games from discs, so I guess the drive is fine. I tried all other loaders, but they don' do the job. Maybe some of them are outdated, but I believe that every software used as a build of late 2012-2013.

The goal is to be able to play GC games from original discs (and later maybe via hdd). What can you suggest?
Nevermind, I updated Nintendont (not sure if this was neccessary) and it worked. The trick was to choose "SD" on the Nintendont main screen and then it offered to load game from drive.

Astimageon2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to get some .arc.lz files open, but dsdecmp is asking for a plugin, saying there's no suitable decompressor. does anyone know what plugin i'd need/if there's any good alternatives?

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
i'm trying to get some .arc.lz files open, but dsdecmp is asking for a plugin, saying there's no suitable decompressor. does anyone know what plugin i'd need/if there's any good alternatives?
According to this Arch Wiki page : https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Archiving_and_compression
.lz is an LZMA compress file and can be uncompress with XZ

This will leave you with a .arc file which is an old archive format. Which you can uncompress with the "arc" command line (probably not installed by default)

If you are on Windows, I let you search the internet for how to decompress LZMA and how to open arc archives on Windows

What kind of file is that btw ? never saw anything compresse with .arc.lz out there before ^^

P.S. : also, ARC format is already compress so there is little to no gain to re-compress it with LZMA (a bit like a ZIP or a 7Z which are never re-compress with other program)

Last edited by Aeredren,

justyourlocalme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Ive been trying to rip files (images, audio, models) from a wii game using dolphins built in filesystem tab, but I cant figure out how to open the files. They are carc, and some audio files i forgot the name of. Does anyone know a program for windows that can open all or most of the filetypes used in wii games? I am new to this whole this and need some help.

jayteef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to figure where to place the updated rhapsodii shima.ini file for wiiflow 5.5, can anyone help? There’s one file with that name in wiiflow>themes_lite, and then another in wiiflow>themes_lite>coverflows

Gonna ask in the main WiiFlow thread

Last edited by jayteef,

Elektrakz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. Idk if this question has already been asked before, and I may sound kinda dumb for asking this, but I’m trying to load some codes for Super Mario Galaxy 2, but every time I try to load them, they won’t load. It’ll load the game, but that’s all it’ll do. It won’t even show the “No SD Codes found” message. (I’m using GeckoOS btw)

I’ve tried getting the codes from multiple different websites, even from web archives of the old gecko codes website. I tried reinstalling my cIOS (I thought that would affect it). I tried multiple different SD cards, even reformatting my original one to FAT32. Idk what I’m doing wrong.

It worked perfectly when I last did it, which was June of 2020, but now GeckoOS doesn’t seem to want to apply the codes anymore. Idk if it’s something with my SD card, the SD card slot on the Wii, the way the codes themselves are, or if I’m applying the codes wrong, or what. If anyone can help me, that’d be appreciated.

AngelGXS

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if this is a common problem, but I can't load games from any loader, I used to run my backups from USB LoaderGX but from some time WiiWare titles stop working, then the Gamecube games from Nintendont and lastly the blackscreen and DSI error as soon as I start any loader. Emulators and NeoGamma work fine, but loaders are the man issue, their barely work some times or doesn't even work at all. I tried a lot of things to fix it, so my IOS and cIOS might be screwed up, and I can' t see what is wrong on the SysCheck. Can anyone help me with that?

MyError

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed SNEEK emunand on my SD but can't get it to boot at startup? It launches fine by navigating to HBC and then launching Bootmii, but not not at startup. What could be the issue? FYI I believe I do have bootmii as boot2 including ios.

Last edited by MyError,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't know if this is a common problem, but I can't load games from any loader, I used to run my backups from USB LoaderGX but from some time WiiWare titles stop working, then the Gamecube games from Nintendont and lastly the blackscreen and DSI error as soon as I start any loader. Emulators and NeoGamma work fine, but loaders are the man issue, their barely work some times or doesn't even work at all. I tried a lot of things to fix it, so my IOS and cIOS might be screwed up, and I can' t see what is wrong on the SysCheck. Can anyone help me with that?
Please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

I've installed SNEEK emunand on my SD but can't get it to boot at startup? It launches fine by navigating to HBC and then launching Bootmii, but not not at startup. What could be the issue? FYI I believe I do have bootmii as boot2 including ios.
Sounds like you don't have bootmii installed as boot2. Please confirm, and if this is the case adjust priiloader's boot settings to start bootmii upon startup

MyError

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you don't have bootmii installed as boot2. Please confirm, and if this is the case adjust priiloader's boot settings to start bootmii upon startup
Hackmii installer gives me the option of uninstalling it from boot2, so I think it is installed as boot2. The priiloader trick works though.

AngelGXS

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition por JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 y Nano
...ejecutado en IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
Menu de Sistema 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader instalado
Fecha de la unidad: 13.02.2007
Canal Homebrew 1.1.2 ejecutandose en IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 56272185
Tipo de consola: Wii
Pais del Canal Tienda: Mexico (36)
Boot2 v4
128 titulos encontrados.
Se encontraron 53 IOS en esta consola. 5 de ellos son stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha ES Identify Acceso Flash Acceso NAND
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS80 (rev 6944): Sin Parches
IOS90 (rev 54321): Bug Trucha
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Bug Trucha ES Identify Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS224[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS245[56] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v8final): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS246[37] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v8final): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS247[57] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v8final): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v8final): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS249[57] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha Acceso NAND USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Bug Trucha ES Identify Acceso NAND
BC v6
MIOS v10
Reporte generado el 28/12/2021.

rancedl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering upgrading my 4gb kingston sd to a 64gb sandisk sdxc. Not a problem from what I've read (right?). Can I just copy everything over to the new card after formatting or do I have to re-mod.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just copying everything over should be fine. Make sure it's fat32.

I would test out bootmii access as it can sometimes be the most picky in terms of sd compatibility.

Btw, you can do most things without an SD card, using a usb HDD instead. Just thought I'd mention that it's an option.

FreeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all. New to this group but not Wii’s. I softmodded 4.3u, home brew is good. Bootmii iOS. Good and running emulators fceux, snes9, n64, genesis. Used multimodmanager and installed a few cios. However no matter what I do can not get any usb to work, wii flow gets a red box on USB port and locks, usb loader does the same. Neogamma select usb and it does retries until it doesnt like it anymore. Configurable loader says needs 249. Also dvd drive reads no disc wether original or burn bin img disc. I have tried and know I am missing a big hole. Any help, links, etc would be great. I have tried the d2x and it only runs to v6 not the v10 it calls for in other installers, if I had that I could do the 57, 58, 59 with 249, 250, 251.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small