• Views 518,636
  • Replies 3,819
  • Likes 6

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TIv been trying to get backup loaders to work for me for a while the only way I seem to be able to get them to work 100% of the time is to use a cheep 4gb flashdrive I have but I have a 16gb that works sometimes and then doesn't more than it does and just recently went and got a 1tb external which hasn't seemed to work with any loader (even dios mios that the 16gb works with everytime) I think it might be the power I just ordered a y cable for it that will be here midweek or so and would like to know if anyone else has had these kind of issues, all drives are fat32 the tb is from toshiba the 16gb is from lexar(don't know specifics) and the 4gb is some cheap free one from my old high school the tb works fine with emulators on the wii if that helps any

GlobalVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX freezes on "initialize SD"
It was working just fine before I updated to USB Loader GX 3.0 what went wrong
I already tried formatting the SDHC card

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on a Wii U, latest CIOS, running the latest USB Loader GX; running Nintendont and Wii backups is absolutely fine. My problem is with Emulated Nand. I dump to EMUNAND using USB Loader GX and then write Wiiware Wads to the Emunand but they won't run, pressing play will send me straight back to USB Loader GX menu. I've tested these Wads using Dolphin, and they all seem to be fully operational. What's my problem? I've tried Showmiiwads and the issue still remains.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I didn't have any luck in the official CFG USB Loader thread, maybe one of you can answer the following question:

How to set the default loader for ALL GameCube games at once in CFG and not on a per-game basis?

I know it can be set on a per-game basis by entering the settings for each and every game... But imagine you have a large collection of games and you need to set the option for every single game... I looked around in the loader itself and searched through google as well as gbatemp, but I just could not find an answer to this seemingly simple question. I also know that some option cannot be set inside the loader, but can instead be defined by a config file. Maybe this is such a case? If it is, what do I have to add to the config file to make it work?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the newer iPhones (5c) as a storage device for playing back Wii games from a USB loader?

If you're using your phone to play wii games, will it still accept phone calls? I'd say to remove the microSD card from it and use that but Apple can't even keep up with the modern technology that every other phone on the planet has.

I picked up a 16GB sandisk usb thumb drive for $13, their rather cheap anymore.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using your phone to play wii games, will it still accept phone calls? I'd say to remove the microSD card from it and use that but Apple can't even keep up with the modern technology that every other phone on the planet has.

I picked up a 16GB sandisk usb thumb drive for $13, their rather cheap anymore.

I think you misundstood my question.. I know it was reported years ago that certain iPods and such could be used as a HDD to play wii games via usb loader. I've been away from the scene but I'm curious if I were to fix up my friends Wii would I be able to plug by iPhone 5c into the back and play Wii games or would it need to be jailbroken or what's the current situation regarding using this device as an Wii HDD.

marlon_2299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i dont known if this question is belong here, but anyway, i´ve tried to hack brawl A LOT of times, i succed in dolphin, but when i try in ANY loader, it just says no ocarina codes found, please, help me.

Chump Monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My usb loader gx wont initialize my usb. it gets stuck on the start screen and when it FINALY starts in in the channel mode and cant load any iso wii games.

I do have ios 249 and 250 but it wont work HELP!

chyron8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are all Gamecube ISOs 1.35GB, regardless of the actual data size? And is it possible to shrink an ISO down to the real size of the data and still be usable by Devo/USB Loader GX?

EDIT: Okay, I see people mentioning USB Loader GX has the options "GC Install Compressed", and "GC Install 32K Aligned" after poking about on the net looking for answers to how to trim GCN games

What precisely do each of these options do and are they create any compatibility issues with games using Devo?

metamorphic

Trophies
XP
Country
Do backup loaders save save data to nand? If I launch my backup wbfs from sd card using cfg loader, then can I take out the sd card, copy all the files on it, format it, paste all the files back on it, put it in the wii, then everything will still work fine? (i.e. no save data lost, no corrupted files, etc). Sry for the weird scenario

safkjgs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use neogamma to play GC games that are burned to DVDs. I recently installed DIOS MIOS lite to play PSO from an sd card, and now neogamma is refusing to boot gamecube dvds because it tries to load them through DML. How can I get neogamma to boot burned DVDs again while retaining DML functionality?

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid noob question: I want to boot a game from my usb drive. I already do this with USB Loader GX, loading NTFS.

How could I make a channel that would directly boot this game from my NTFS drive? I found some ways but they say WBFS-only. I'm sick of going homebrew channel -> usb loader -> ProjectM just to load my ProjectM ISO

fantoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded Wii, and I recently dumped the Wiiflow masterpiece pack onto my SD which is great. I want to fully install it though.
This part with the wads, do I install all of them or just what is necessary? The end makes it seem like certain wads are better for certain things, so I don't install all of them?

Install the wads from wad\IOS_DM(L) folder:
-------------------------------------------------------
BC-NUS-v6.wad on both real and Emunands
RVL-mios-v10.wad on Emunands

Real Nand IOS/cIOS:
IOS58-64-v6176.wad
cIOS202[60]-hermesrodries-v6.wad
cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad

Tip: d2x-v10-beta52 has higher compatibility for nand emulation and online stuff and less random crashes during gameplay that's why it's in slot 249
while d2x-v10-beta53 has 2 usb ports support and fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ocarina codes not working USB Loader GX

just installed the USB Loader GX on the vwii, but i got a problem: the ocarina codes doesnt work.
first: i have installed all the apps on the USB drive, i dont have a SD inserted on the wiiU.

the usb loader gx download the DKC return ocarina codes, then i turn ON the one i need (remap the wii mote controls with B+down , etc), click on create, a msg appear saying the file was created, now i load the game and the code is not working.

i have ocarina ON in global settings, nothing. then i tried ocarina ON per game basis. nothing either.

on a less important problem, in the same game i set the options to force 16:9 an that doesnt work either. but thats secondary, i need the ocarina codes to work.

ps: this the guide i used to setup the vwii

fixed
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ocarina-codes-not-working-usb-loader-gx.375945/#post-5206477

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to dump my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I have tried it with USB Loader GX and it stops at 0.42%, I want something easy to dump it.

Aristod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so i put the gamecube games on the usb loader gx, and when i try to run them, i get an error saying that it needs to have the games in the first partition. The problem is that i cant exactly move them to the first partition because the first partition is formatted ntfs. Any way to make it work? Or a way to make the fat32 partition the first partition? I use Nintendont btw.

Poyuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heyo, I backup'd a copy of Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube and I used MultiGame ISO to merge the 2 discs together (DVD5 NTSC). I burned it onto a disc (Polaroid DVD-R at 4x speed) and I inserted it into the wii. I launched it with GC Backup Loader, and as soon as I select NTSC it launches something called GCOS and I only have the options to Boot Disc (which does nothing) and Credits. Keep it mind though that I can get single ISO's to work. Has anyone ever had this problem? because I tried searching google for it but found nothing.

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Stupid noob question: I want to boot a game from my usb drive. I already do this with USB Loader GX, loading NTFS.

How could I make a channel that would directly boot this game from my NTFS drive? I found some ways but they say WBFS-only. I'm sick of going homebrew channel -> usb loader -> ProjectM just to load my ProjectM ISO

Use Crap (v3.3b) or WiiGSC (v1.06b).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn