• Replies 3,819
  • Likes 6

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, it's me back again...

Firstly, i've got .wbfs files, my external hard rive is formatted to FAT32 so is this OK or would it be better to use .iso?

Anyway, i've got a game which is split into 4 parts, each in it's own rar folder. Within the folders they all share they same names e.g:
example.Part1.rar contains abc01.wbfs
example.Part2.rar contains abc01.wbfs
etc.

I've been trying to work out how to merge these files together so that the game is playable. How would one go about doing this? And is this possible to do all of this using Wii Backup Manager?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
2 ways
1) Make sure all the parts are saved in the same folder and have the exact same file name except for the part #. Then use winrar (ot 7zip or w/e) to open example.Part1.rar. When you open part1, it is actually accessing all the parts, so you only need to open part1, not any other part. Then just extract the files from part1 (drag and drop), it will automatically read from all the parts and extract it. Then just add the .wbfs file to your HDD like normal.
2) This method is easier, but relies on some newer WBM functions that probably work fine. Open Wii Backup Manager, then go to the files tab and open part1, or add the whole folder where u have all the parts saved or w/e works, then just check the box next to the game and transfer it to your hard drive like normal.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried both those methods:
1) The resulting file is only the same size as 1 part (it's not big enough to have been combined...)

2)
I) WBM says it's finished in green but no files show.
II) Same as above.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Are u sure each of the parts lists the same file(s)? Sometimes files are spit without compressing and will have extensions like *.001, *.002, etc. If this is the case, you can use HJ Split to join the parts (I think 7zip works too). Often people share files that are in an archive within an archive within an archive within an archive within an archive etc.

Anyways, assuming everything is exactly like you described in your previous post and you followed my directions to the letter, then the problem is probably with the files you downloaded and there's nothing u can do with those files.

Why don't you walk to your local video game store and pick up the game and back it up using your Wii? It'll be faster than having to download it, and it has the added bonus of actually owning the game and supporting its developers
biggrin.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, they're all the same name. but the last one has a different size according to windows, but not according the winrar.

edit: hang on, i just noticed, all but the first one end in:

.wbfs

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
don't know what i did different but the game works now, thank though.

Grrr. now i'm annoyed. Completely different question this time though.

Every time i start the game it randomly freezes at different points, sometimes quite far in (about 5-10 mins) sometimes less than that, completely randomly with no similarities. Every time it has just frozen and the wii made a whirring noise as if a disc is stuck (aha maybe that's why, i have a disc in the wii). But the first time i went away for a bit and it said it 'lost connections with the wii remote' and i couldn't connect again, so that may be a different problem.

Any ideas?
BTW i'm about to try again without SSBB in the drive (real copy).

OK just tried without the disk and it worked better for a while but then froze again, and crashed again after that even sooner (possibly heat related with external hard drive?). But it has made the whirring go away when it does crash.

keyser3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought a Wii with the uloader 5.1 already installed, the guy who sold me instructed me to:

- turn on the wii without the external dvd

- wait for the load screen (press A buttom)

- then connect the external dvd into the second usb port

And everytime I want to change games I should turn off the wii and repeat the process.

Is that correct? Isn't there any way to let the external drive connected the whole time?

thanks guys

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
keyser3 said:
I just bought a Wii with the uloader 5.1 already installed, the guy who sold me instructed me to:

And everytime I want to change games I should turn off the wii and repeat the process.

Is that correct? Isn't there any way to let the external drive connected the whole time?

thanks guys
As far as I know uloader is the only loader currently with external usb dvd support. You will need to do it like that, that's correct. If you want to do it in another way you also could buy a usb hdd, it would be better.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
keyser3 said:

thanks guys

I guess you might need to use Mod Mii to get ur USB loader.
That's faster and easier to get the games you want without turning off the Wii to chance game tho. =)

Frenchies

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a horribly stupid question but here I go anyway. I have managed to load USB Loader GX onto my Wii, however, it's telling me that the USB device can't be found. Does this mean I will need an actual external hard drive or is it acceptable to use a flash drive with it? Or is possible that I have done something else incorrectly?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Frenchies said:
This is probably a horribly stupid question but here I go anyway. I have managed to load USB Loader GX onto my Wii, however, it's telling me that the USB device can't be found. Does this mean I will need an actual external hard drive or is it acceptable to use a flash drive with it? Or is possible that I have done something else incorrectly?
You should be able to use flash drives (I also needed to use one a while ago and it worked fine) You should make sure that the device is in port 0 (the port more outside) you also could try wiiflow or configurable usb loader to check if the device is compatible. Which cIOS do you have installed?

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I soft modded a friends wii recently and the play the rock band games. they tried rock band 3 and the instruments to work. the guitar does but oddly only one guitar can be used with it at a time. how can this be fixed?

SuperMarioMaster

Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, in the Configurable USB Loader, is there any way to move the games in any order that you choose? I like to keep them in ABC order, and I know how to do that, but Twilight Princess is going in the "L" games. Is there any way I can move it next to the "T" games since it is called, "THE Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess".

Also, in case you were wondering, my CFG USB Loader is up to date with the most recent version.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got this game which keeps freezing but i think it's the game's fault, so i downloaded it again from a different site. But i had already started the game, so how do i transfer over the save file?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizzerzak said:
I've got this game which keeps freezing but i think it's the game's fault, so i downloaded it again from a different site. But i had already started the game, so how do i transfer over the save file?
Save files are stored in the wii's memory, not in the game. Just start up the new copy and your save files will be there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==