• Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

austintb423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about hacking, because I recieved this console with HD from someone else. But i'm wondering if there is an easy way to fix the problem i'm having. I get about 20 mins max of gameplay and the music might stop playing on the game, and then... it's frozen. Can't pull up the menu or nothing. Have to pull the power cord on the Wii and start all over. I have played around with the video setting on the game load menu, as the previous owner told me to put it on FORCE NTSC... but it still freezes. He said he has not had a problem with it ever. And didn't understand my complication. Any advice? It seems as though i have tried all of the options- Force PAL50/60, Autopatch, Game Default, etc. Still a little gameplay and then bam like clockwork... frozen. And there is plenty of space left on the harddrive- and it is still running (and running at regular temp).

update:
What's interesting is the wii stopped loading into the GX menu for a bit.. it would NOT work. So then i switched the usb cable from a printer i had and it started working again (still freezing but at least working.) Well, i originally had this Hard Drive from the guy and i told him my problems so he gave me a brand new clone.... which he said he tested extensively. And sometimes the thing gets stuck on the beginning scenes of the game or loading screens... sometimes the video is really glitchy/has periodic lagging... so i just skip right thru cut scenes hoping the game won't freeze. The hard drive says "Element" on the top of it with a sun insignia and it's a 750g (still has like 690g's of free space)... the only thing i found on it online was on this ebay site: http://cgi.ebay.com/Element-EN-3650BK-3-5i...3#ht_1584wt_913

But i can't find the company's site. The picture of the thing is on this ebay search... "element hdd"

Could the SD card have any interference?

Thanks so much for your patience and willingness to help.

mayonaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have Usb Loader GX 1.0! And want to install lates USB Loader GX dol version! Can I just Install the latest version dol? Or do I have to uninstall GX1.0 first? Thanks

mayonaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayonaze said:
If I have Usb Loader GX 1.0! And want to install lates USB Loader GX dol version! Can I just Install the latest version dol? Or do I have to uninstall GX1.0 first? Thanks
I figured it out all I had to do is update to the newest version in the loader itself! Thanks

Tokaio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, is there any way to play Brawl+ on USB Loader? Any way to use Gecko on the games you have on USB loader? I actually have the Brawl disc, it's just that my disc reader broke, so I got USB loader to save the trouble of shipping it to Nintendo.
I can't use Ocarina, because the cheat file is too big.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tokaio said:
Hi, is there any way to play Brawl+ on USB Loader? Any way to use Gecko on the games you have on USB loader? I actually have the Brawl disc, it's just that my disc reader broke, so I got USB loader to save the trouble of shipping it to Nintendo.
Try it using Neogamma.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Tokaio said:
Try it using Neogamma.

I tried this before, and it worked for me from a dvd-r, but I don't know about USB. Also now, whenever I try to use Ocarina on NeoGamma it says "You are stupid." WHHY???

Tokaio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yea...it didn't work. As DunkrWunkah said, it said "You are stupid" (
frown.gif
) and restarted.

EDIT: Any other suggestions?

Grey Goshawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Been trying to get USB loaders working but it doesn't seem to work for me. Tried hermes rev 5 and 4 and cios r19 and r17 both have the same results.
Tried USB loader GX, Configurable USB loader and neogamma.
All of them freeze when on the safety screen, intro screen or just black depending on the game.
The original disc works fine in the wii.
Tried it both on a 3.2 Wii and a 4.1 Wii and I got the same results.
I'm assuming there's a step I've left out somewhere.
Tried it on a NTFS hard drive, FAT32 hard drive and a WBFS usb flash drive. Same problems.
Thanks in advance.

chrisjahn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive recently started trying to softmod my Nintento Wii. I am completely lost here, and have no idea what to do. I was successful at getting The Homebrew Channel to work, after several attempts. I would like to be able to play backup games on my Wii, and I'm not sure of this, but is NeoGamma what I need for this? I tried downloading NeoGamma througgh THC, but it always instantly goes to a black screen and doesnt load anything. I think the problem is that I dont have a cIOS. What do I do to fix this error?

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm playing a game from another region is there anything else I should do besides force the region because under forcing the region there's 2 other options like video patches and I think vidtv in cfg usb loader.

renhoek23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is triiforce the best way to play wiiware games from a HDD? Is the latest vesion of triiforce compatible with Waninkoko's cIOSX rev 19? If not are there any compatible alternative to triiforce?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
renhoek23 said:
Is triiforce the best way to play wiiware games from a HDD? Is the latest vesion of triiforce compatible with Waninkoko's cIOSX rev 19? If not are there any compatible alternative to triiforce?
Triiforce isn't compatible with cIOS rev19, but will be compatible with rev20.

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
1. I've updated my HBC to 1.0.7 and BootMii to 1.2, but if update my Wii to 4.3 will USB Loader GX still work?
2. I also use a forwarder to load USB Loader GX. Will the 4.3 update delete the WAD, or will it remain?

Thanks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Samurai Goomba said:
1. I've updated my HBC to 1.0.7 and BootMii to 1.2, but if update my Wii to 4.3 will USB Loader GX still work?
2. I also use a forwarder to load USB Loader GX. Will the 4.3 update delete the WAD, or will it remain?

Thanks.
1. You'll need to reinstall your cIOS after updating (just select IOS250 in the installer)
2. It will remain.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
How do Forwarder channels work? Can some explain it to me,

And what do I need to use an forwarder channel for NeoGamma
The forwarder channel simply loads a boot.dol from somewhere on your SD. For example the Neogamma forwarder loads SD:/apps/Neogamma/boot.dol.
To use a forwarder channel you just need the wad and the correct file on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one