Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Debaser0x said:
shark1987 said:
... and I cannot for the life of me get a game to load off of my hard drive (Black Screen after USB Loader says it's loading the game and tries to launch it).

After following the guide and nothing working I started trying all kinds of IOS installations to find the right one but nothing worked. Right now I have cIOSx v19 installed, ...

I'm still getting a Black Screen on launching games so I'd really just like to start back over basically, I think that'd be best for me right now. How can I go about virginizing (I guess that's what people call it) my wii? I have a nand backup from when I started the guide at 3.2U with I believe no cIOS installed, all I had done was the trucha patch through Zelda a long time ago to install the homebrew channel.

So to summarize, after softmodding, problems are:

2.) Black screen when selecting games from USB HDD with USBLoader GX, NeoGamma, and Config. USB Loader

3.) How can I viginize my wii?

Thank you for any help.

I'm having these problems too. Some of my games will load and work fine, however some will just try to load, and just hang on a black screen. The game in particular is Tatsunoku vs. capcom. and it is scrubbed. I have the newest ciosxrev19 and the newest CFG usb loader. I've been combing the forums and can't find anything. Any help for the both of us would be appreciated!!

Update to 4.2 so you have all the updated IOS's. Install and patch IOS36.
Install cIOSX rev 19 as BASE 38.
Install Hermes cios v4.
IOS202 base 60
IOS222 base 38
IOS223 Base 37+38
Use cfg-loader. certain games need certain cios to run so make sure your using the right one for the right game.
Alright thanks, I'm trying this right now. Where can I look to see what game needs what cIOS? In the games release thread?

*EDIT:*

Yea, nothing, still just a black screen through Configurable Loader, and USB Loader GX. I'm testing it out with Mario Galaxy, and I've tried loading with IOS249 and IOS222. Nothing on either.
frown.gif
, this sucks. Can't figure out what it could be. The games show up fine, but is there still the possibility it is my hard drive? I haven't gotten any games to load, but so far I'm only trying NSMB and SMG2. I have lots of other backups, just not on the HDD yet. Does it matter what IOS I load these with?

Azriell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok complete newb here. Well, not COMPLETE. I followed the stickied "hack any Wii 4.2+" guide, and completed it. But now I have NO idea what to do next.

I have a black Wii, so I'm pretty sure it can't play dvds, right? Something about the drive in newer Wiis. I have a 2gb SD card, and a 2gb USB drive (things just laying around the house). My understanding is that most Wii games are ~4.7gb, but that most of that is filler and that they're actually much smaller. I had assumed I'd be able to save 1-2 games to my SD card/USB drive, which would be fine for now (proof of concept before spending money on real storage). However, I don't know how you're supposed to remove this filler, or if this information is even accurate.

So I guess what I'm asking is, now that I've hacked my Wii, what do I do next? Is it possible to fit a game on a 2gb storage device? If I need to install another channel or something to my Wii (other than HBC), what is it? Do I need to do something to my storage medium before I can load games from it? Any info is appreciated. I've been at this for 2 days strait now, and am starting to feel pretty overwhelmed.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Azriell said:
Ok complete newb here. Well, not COMPLETE. I followed the stickied "hack any Wii 4.2+" guide, and completed it. But now I have NO idea what to do next.

I have a black Wii, so I'm pretty sure it can't play dvds, right? Something about the drive in newer Wiis. I have a 2gb SD card, and a 2gb USB drive (things just laying around the house). My understanding is that most Wii games are ~4.7gb, but that most of that is filler and that they're actually much smaller. I had assumed I'd be able to save 1-2 games to my SD card/USB drive, which would be fine for now (proof of concept before spending money on real storage). However, I don't know how you're supposed to remove this filler, or if this information is even accurate.

So I guess what I'm asking is, now that I've hacked my Wii, what do I do next? Is it possible to fit a game on a 2gb storage device? If I need to install another channel or something to my Wii (other than HBC), what is it? Do I need to do something to my storage medium before I can load games from it? Any info is appreciated. I've been at this for 2 days strait now, and am starting to feel pretty overwhelmed.

Install the cfg usb loader forwader channel and have the boot.dol for cfg-loader in sd:/apps/usb_loader/boot.dol. Yes you can fit one to two games on the usb. It shouldnt be a problem unless you dont like the constant Installing \ uninstalling of games on your usb everytime you want a new one to play.

Azriell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. How do I install channels?
unsure.gif

I tried looking over the CompleteSG, but found this

QUOTE said:
1) Start DOP-Mii via Homebrew Channel and press A to continue.

2) Choose the first option (IOS: 36) by pressing A. You will see another menu, where you also have to choose the second option (Channels).

but that seems to only be for installing normal Wii channels? I assumed CFG USB Loader.wad would go into the WAD folder, to install the channel, but it's not there.

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Install Hermes cios v4.
IOS202 base 60
IOS222 base 38
IOS223 Base 37+38
Use cfg-loader. certain games need certain cios to run so make sure your using the right one for the right game.

Thanks for the info. I tried all this, tested Tatsunoku vs Capcom with each different IOS, and various option settings and I still hang on black screen after loading from Cfg usb loader. I'm going to try and get another version of it. Maybe it's the file i have. Any other suggestions?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Debaser0x
Ya try getting a different rip.

Azriell said:
Thanks for the reply. How do I install channels?
unsure.gif

I tried looking over the CompleteSG, but found this

QUOTE said:
1) Start DOP-Mii via Homebrew Channel and press A to continue.

2) Choose the first option (IOS: 36) by pressing A. You will see another menu, where you also have to choose the second option (Channels).

but that seems to only be for installing normal Wii channels? I assumed CFG USB Loader.wad would go into the WAD folder, to install the channel, but it's not there.

What kinda channels are you looking for ? like vc\wiiware ? Use MMM or YAWMM to install .wad. To find the channels you want google vcchannelgamegoeshere.wad.

Make sure you have brick protection. Priiloader / bootmii as boot2

hersuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just a quick noob question - I haven't changed my backup loading setup since WBFS and now notice that there's even support for NTFS. I'm going to change to NTFS, does this impact performance at all? Does it perform better than WBFS or FAT? Also, does splitting affect performance as well? Should I split or keep them as single large files? Also I'm planning on using "Wii Backup Manager", does this come as a recommended frontend? I'll also remove the update partition and include only game partition and enable full scrubbing, will this affect compatibility at all?

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Debaser0x said:
Riley said:
Install Hermes cios v4.
IOS202 base 60
IOS222 base 38
IOS223 Base 37+38

Thanks for the info. I tried all this, tested Tatsunoku vs Capcom with each different IOS, and various option settings and I still hang on black screen after loading from Cfg usb loader. I'm going to try and get another version of it. Maybe it's the file i have. Any other suggestions?
How did you put the ISO on the drive?

I ask because I just figured out my problem was the ISO's got corrupted some how by Wii Backup Manager 3.0. Just fixed all my problems by backing up an actual disc to the hdd in USB Loader GX vs. loading the drive up with games on a computer. Didn't know that the game's chime's were supposed to play just like in the disc channel, they never were previously. But so far it seemed to fix all my problems. Only took me about two weeks to try that out.

Now I'll spend hours putting all my games onto the hard drive this way, but at least they'll work and I won't have to reformat/load cISO/reinstall loader until something comes out that breaks what I got going now.

Literally a huge relief for me, cause this was bugging the **** out of me.

mrQueen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I'm attempting to convert .iso files to .wbfs on my intel mac os x 10.5

using wbfs file 2.9 to convert it

in terminal i enter the code

Macintosh:~ katherinequeen$ /Users/katherinequeen/Downloads/wbfs_file_2.9/mac_osx/wbfs_file /Users/katherinequeen/Downloads/wbfs_file_2.9/mac_osx/final.iso convert /Users/katherinequeen/Desktop/\[WII\]Final\ Fantasy\ Crystal\ Bearers\ \[NTSC\]\[ESPALWII.com\]

I press return, to get
Writing: /Users/katherinequeen/Desktop/[WII]Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers [NTSC][ESPALWII.com]/FFCC THE CRYSTAL BEARERS [RFCEGD]/RFCEGD.wbfs

My problem is, I get

ERROR: TRUNCATE /Users/katherinequeen/Desktop/[WII]Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers [NTSC][ESPALWII.com]/FFCC THE CRYSTAL BEARERS [RFCEGD]/RFCEGD.wbfs.tmp 0 3682598912
Error pre-allocating!

halp?

-Aura-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to play the Metroid Prime 1 & 2 via my USB because my Wii isn't reading double layered disks anymore so my copy of the trilogy won't work anymore, but whenever I try adding the games to the WBFS Manager, it gives me an error.

1zqfwp0.png

Anyone know what's going on? By the way, I already tried it on a few other USB loaders.

diego406

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TDWP FTW said:
I'm having a problem with an ISO I'm trying to put on my HDD through WBFS Intelligent GUI. It's Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, and when I load it in through the file explorer, the ID says pen dis, the Game says .c file, and the Size says '~1.ISO.

I've re-downloaded it twice, as well as extracting it multiple times, but it keeps doing that. I don't want to download it again, and I can't find a different download, because they are all the same.

Have you managed to solve that problem? I'm having the same issues with an Super Mario Galaxy 2 game. Can you please tell me what to do?

-Aura-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
diego406 said:
TDWP FTW said:
I'm having a problem with an ISO I'm trying to put on my HDD through WBFS Intelligent GUI. It's Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, and when I load it in through the file explorer, the ID says pen dis, the Game says .c file, and the Size says '~1.ISO.

I've re-downloaded it twice, as well as extracting it multiple times, but it keeps doing that. I don't want to download it again, and I can't find a different download, because they are all the same.

Have you managed to solve that problem? I'm having the same issues with an Super Mario Galaxy 2 game. Can you please tell me what to do?

Yeah, when I tried the MPT with another WBFS managers I got this same error.

diegoronrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Total newbie on USB Loaders..

My question is: what I have to do for load the game on USB device??
wacko.gif

I have the channel NeoGamma R9 beta23, but it don't mount the WBFS after I press A button.

And I try the NeoGamma R7, but this time after I press A, starts the countdowm and when it's finish nothing happen!!!
ohmy.gif

What's wrong???
huh.gif

If help I update my Wii, step by step, through the guide "Modify ANY Wii 4.2 & below, Up to 4.2, any serial, black wii's, any region" on the forum...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway