• Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I am using the newest CFGUSB v.50 and also using a forwarder. I have read that CFGUSB now supports NTFS. Is this correct? If so do I dump all backup ISO's to the root of the external HDD? Is there any special config items that need to be addressed other than changing partition=NTFS?
Games must be named to the game ID.
Must use IOS222/223.
Games can be both ".ISO"or ".wbfs" to work.
Games must be in directory "UBS:wbfs/" or "USB:wbfs/GAMEID_GAMENAME/"
Cannot dump games from disc.

GeeMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OtakuGamerZ said:
QUOTE said:
I am using the newest CFGUSB v.50 and also using a forwarder. I have read that CFGUSB now supports NTFS. Is this correct? If so do I dump all backup ISO's to the root of the external HDD? Is there any special config items that need to be addressed other than changing partition=NTFS?
Games must be named to the game ID.
Must use IOS222/223.
Games can be both ".ISO"or ".wbfs" to work.
Games must be in directory "UBS:wbfs/" or "USB:wbfs/GAMEID_GAMENAME/"
Cannot dump games from disc.

I am still confused. What is the "simplest" way to use CFGUSB with an external HDD? What partition type, File system etc that would be like "kid proof". I would prefer to use NTFS filesystem, but if it is easier to use FAT32, then what is the best/easiest course of action. I is difficult reading so many threads ( some outdated) which adds to the confusion. So I am hoping that the uber guru's can shed some light.

Thanks again

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For format NTFS drives use Wii Backup Manager for windows and use it to put your games on the external HDD. It will do the stuff mentioned above.(Renameing, changing files, ect...)Then install Hermes cIOS 222/223 on your wii. Use the newest fat version of CfgLoader(now it's version fat50c). Everything should work.

BTW NTFS support is somewhat new. meaning a lack of official guides,but the steps to get a FAT32 drive to work are the same as NTFS.

GeeMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks OtakuGamerZ for the info. One last question though. Do I need to install Hermes cIOS 222/223 if I have followed this guide to install Homebrew etc http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 for both the update and modify sections for 4.2? I had CFGUSB working kinda sorta. It loaded and all, but it would not select the partition immediately ( formatted as FAT32). Once it error-ed out I got an option to select another partition ( from the forwarder that is) anf then selected the USB drive and all worked fine. A slight glitch, but I want to make this as easy as possible for the kids, ie: click the forwarder, select game, have fun..

Thanks again

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems you have Hermes IOS installed. As for the error, I remember it doing that error when I was using the normal.dol of the loader, but after I changed my loader to the fat.dol of the loader it didn't ask for a patition, but then again I have an old forwarding channel that I didn't bother testing it.

Good Luck

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hello a couple of question:today i try to softmod my friend's wii which have lu72 serial, are the dvd drive that come with this the ones that cant play backups?
Also when i try to plug my IDE HD to his wii it didnt recognize at all(i know is fine cuz i try after in mine and was detected),even using Uloader with the IOS 222 Rev4? is that normal? i don wanna my friend ask me for all my retails game. Please some help

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wimu said:
hello a couple of question:today i try to softmod my friend's wii which have lu72 serial, are the dvd drive that come with this the ones that cant play backups?
Also when i try to plug my IDE HD to his wii it didnt recognize at all(i know is fine cuz i try after in mine and was detected),even using Uloader with the IOS 222 Rev4? is that normal? i don wanna my friend ask me for all my retails game. Please some help
LU72 have a 67% chance to have one of those drives that can't read backups (source)

Have you tried both USB ports with your HD?
It can be that the HD is not compatible with the Wii

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well i didnt try USB1 cuz i believe is not the one which u can play games rigth? i know that it isnt my disk cuz i try in two other consoles,and as i said before when i return to my home i test mi disk and i playfine with it.what i iwould forget to install i use CIOS rev 13,14 ;CIOS 222REV4(38&60)Cios 223(37&38) and even install wads using a Kingston Data Traveler of 4GB.The only problem was the IDE HD, with adaptador which use power independent from data cable.

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to run gamecube isos on a pal 4.2E wii. I have a pal luigis mansion burned to a dvd-r. The game works fine as does the backup loader (neogamma R7) however while the dvd-r is in the disc tray it makes a noticeably faster whirring noise. this only occurs for this gamecube game, my wii dvd-rs do not produce this noise.

Anyway in short; Should the wii be making a louder whirring noise when reading a gamecube iso? Is this harmful to my disc drive?
EDIT: I renamed it to a .gcm file and burned with imgburn. Not making strange noises anymore
biggrin.gif

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question here
i have a 320 gig harddrive hooked up to my wii its like 50 gig from being full, if i buy another hard drive and plug it in at the same time will configurable usb loader mount both of em or do i have to load one or the other

pu|se

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
julz1 said:
Noob question here
i have a 320 gig harddrive hooked up to my wii its like 50 gig from being full, if i buy another hard drive and plug it in at the same time will configurable usb loader mount both of em or do i have to load one or the other

you have to decide
cfg usbloader can either use the lower usb(USB0) or the upperusb(USB1)
if you want to use USB1 you'll also need the USB1 version of cfg usbloader
but you can't use both usb

now I've got a question too^^
my wii's slot light sometimes flashes 3 times à 3 times, so 3 times short, then again 3 times short and again.
It only does this in standby but I don't know what it means..
It's no message, because if I get a message, it constantly lights up and fades again.
Anyone got the same? Any ideas what it means?

Vegastar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to get Twilight Princess on my harddrive via USB Loader GX. I just updated GX after the first failure, and I'm still not having any luck. It installs all the way to the end, and then instead of giving me a "finished" message like usual, just goes to a blank loader screen without icons. I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to this to make it work.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vegastar said:
Im trying to get Twilight Princess on my harddrive via USB Loader GX. I just updated GX after the first failure, and I'm still not having any luck. It installs all the way to the end, and then instead of giving me a "finished" message like usual, just goes to a blank loader screen without icons. I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to this to make it work.
why don't you try to use a different loader instead, say uLoader.

lilin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. Just bought a modded Korean converted to English Wii from my uncle. Sorry if it's a noobish question.

From what I read from previous threads, they have homebrew applications. Does this homebrew application installed on the Wii or stored in the SD card. I could assume that it's modded because I got a couple of burned games from my uncle as well. Also, they only bought this early this year. I haven't check yet because our TV got broken but I want to know as much as I can. Worst luck... >_> Anyways, that's my question for now. Thanks in advance for those who replied.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video Mode Patching

I am trying to play my PAL game. (I have already played NTSC-J and NTSC-U. PAL has added content). I can play it in Black and White with NeoGamma. WiiFrii patcher choosing Smart patcher or Brute patcher-480i yields color but the frames move vertically. My composite TV does not have a vertical hold adjustment.

North American D2C Wii, 3.1U, Wasabi Zero, IOS249, the original (Jay Paradox) HBC

Brickblocker + Patch ISO to IOS249 -> unlit screen /// plays Black and White on NeoGamma

Brickblocker + Patch ISO to IOS249 -> color with frames racing down /// grey screen on NeoGamma /// Black and White on NeoGamma with "Patch game" checked

How do I patch video mode? I need some more matching coasters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, Red thank you, I will try that I use atmosphere and it look good XD