Is it really hard to make wii games play off a usb harddrive if so post video
yaynds.gif

wamuchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I have asked this elsewhere, but nobody seems to know what I am doing wrong.

I have been trying to make a copy of the game "Monster Hunter Tri". For that I used DVD-R (TDK) in Imgburn and Roxio to burn it at different speeds (from 2x to 8x, with a Lite-on combo) and the problem I got is that even if Neogamma R8 reads the DVD (but the game freezes after the title screen), in Gecko 1.9.2 and Softchip r99 I get a "Can not read the DVD" message. I always get the same result.

Any help?

CyrusTD

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CyrusTD said:
I would be very happy if someone could help me with this.

When I run a game through a backuplauncher with ocarina on, it won't load the game. My wii is 3.2E, and I have IOS 249 (rev 14). I tried it on Backup Loader Neogamma R7 and Backup launcher gamma 0,3. I tried it with both a (legal) PAL brawl disc, and a burned NTSC brawl disc. Both work perfectly with ocarina off. But when I put ocarina on, it tells me SD codes are found and it's applying them. Then it either gets stuck on that screen (backup launcher gamma 0,3) or the screen becomes green and stays green until I turn off my wii or TV (neogamma R7). The codes on the SD are perfectly fine, I'm 100% sure about that, since when I use the same SD on someone elses wii it works fine. I tried changing the hook type but it didn't work.

Also, if it matters, I tried running the cheats through GeckoOS too, and that didn't work either.

Nearly 20 days and I still haven't been able to find the solution to this problem, sigh... I post this again in the hope that someone knows what my problem is.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two quickies:

1. Can a USB drive fully formated to WBFS be parted to be FAT?

2. Any way for USB Loader GX & config USB loader (by oggzee) share images of box art? My SD (of 2 GB) is running low on space due to have separate folder for images for the loaders.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a USB loader that works with Gamecube controllers?

I hate to keep replacing the batteries on my Wiimote just to load a game and then turn it off again.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my Wii isn't recognizing my HDD anymore :\ . When I upgraded my Wii to v4.1 some time back, I followed a topic on resoftmodding it as well as installing CIOS Rev14 and restoring the Trucha Bug. I remember using USB Loader GX to test a game, and it worked. But now when I run GX and any other USB Loaders, they don't detect my HDD. I know my Hard Drive isn't defective since my computer can still read and write my isos to it.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosBoi said:
For some reason, my Wii isn't recognizing my HDD anymore :\ . When I upgraded my Wii to v4.1 some time back, I followed a topic on resoftmodding it as well as installing CIOS Rev14 and restoring the Trucha Bug. I remember using USB Loader GX to test a game, and it worked. But now when I run GX and any other USB Loaders, they don't detect my HDD. I know my Hard Drive isn't defective since my computer can still read and write my isos to it.

Buy a new Wii, Problem solved

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ChaosBoi said:

Did you try using the other USB port?

QUOTE(bluelaserman @ Oct 6 2009, 01:32 PM) Buy a new Wii, Problem solved
No it wouldn't, because the new Wii won't be modded.
tongue.gif

rand0mher0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link me to a guide that walks you through formatting a partitioned drive to WBFS, getting games on that partition, etc. for use with USBLoaderGX. i seem to be having issues with it, i have a 320 external, 200gb in one partition, 100 in the other, i want to format the 100gb to WBFS, and also the best tool (in your opinion) to reading the WBFS partition.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a known problem with Rock Band Beatles? I have the disc I downloaded it, I even made it a channel but when I start it up (either through usb loader or the channel) I get black.
Anyone know what's up? all my other games work just fine.

Also I hear the new gecko is open source is there any way to load up a channel and have it apply codes immediately? (y'know Brawl+ and all)

Dazwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently added a USB loader to my Wii, but each one I try seems to be having the same problem with games. They'll load the strap loader screens, but as soon as it hits that games respective loading screen, it'll loop forever (In Brawl's case, it was an infinite rotating Smash logo with "NOW LOADING....," with WiiSports's case, it just caught on a white screen). I know the hard drive I'm using (A 250 gb Seagate FreeAgent) works with both the USB loader I'm using and the game I'm attempting to play, because I bought it off a friend who was using it for this very purpose. Any idea what's wrong?

EDIT: I've tried this with USB Loader GX (the loader my friend used), SDUSB Loader 1.5, and WiiFlow, all of which hit the same problem.

fallenneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K so not only am i new to this forum(been reading reviews and other info for long time though)but im also new to backing up my gamecube games.i hacked my wii and it has loaders on it but im confused as to

1:how do i put the iso's on the disk can i put many games on one dvd?do i burn them all at once or do i just drag and drop then burn?
2:what are all the ways of running gamecube games on the wii though homebrew?is it just dvd or can i use sd card?i know i cant do usb cause when the wii goes into gamecube mode it locks all wii features,yet im still confused bout the sd card.
i know thats its prolly been said somewhere but ive been on here for a few hours looking and just cant find the answers.pls help

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Bakuryu42

GeckOs does not run backup disks

@dlf

1. any drive can be partitioned and formatted just as you require - exactly what setup do you want to achieve?

2. they can live together using same images
smile.gif

first make these folders in SD or USB as below (example path is for SD):
sd:/images/2d/ (2D covers 160x224)
sd:/images/3d/ (3D covers 176x248)
sd:/images/full/ (FULL covers 512x340 or 1024x680)
sd:/images/disc/ (discarts 160x160)

Then you will need to alter the configuration files of your loaders as below:

Configurable USB Loader - config.txt file in "sd:/usb-loader/":
covers_path_2d = sd:/images/2d
covers_path_3d = sd:/images/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/images/disc
covers_path_full = sd:/images/full

USB Loader GX - GXGlobal.cfg file on "sd:/config/":
cover_path = SD:/IMAGES/3D/
cover2d_path = SD:/IMAGES/2D/
disc_path = SD:/IMAGES/DISC/

This will allow both loaders to use common boxart and save on space
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...