1. earlynovfan

earlynovfan Delusional

United States
    Hrm, alright. I haven't done any updates (I'll check what update it is when I get home tonight/tomorrow)

2. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    How do I adjust coverflow in WiiFlow? Like changing it from vertical scrolling to a wall of games, etc. I tried pressing "1" but it's not working.

3. shade7742

shade7742 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I recently got USB loader GX to play wii games with no issue. However, my gamecube games wouldn't show up. They eventually showed up in Wii flow but got stuck on a black screen. Am I missing a file or something? I'm sure my hard drive is FAT32 and has 32KB Clusters. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

4. element73

element73 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just installed usb loader gx v3.0 r1214, and right now I'm also trying to update devolution and dios-mios on my wii. I want to know how it already detects dios-mios 2.9+. I just downloaded the files for dios-mios 2.9+ from the website and I have not installed any dios-mios files. There is also no custom directory for dios-mios files. Is dios-mios 2.9+ integrated in the new usb loader gx r1214? I'm so confused.

5. element73

element73 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what is the best way to make clean 1:1 gamecube rips? I don't have a computer drive that can read gamecube discs, so I would like to use my wii to make 1:1 GC rips. In the devolution thread, they recommend using cleanrip, but that looks like an outdated method.

6. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned
    Banned

United States
    Cleanrip is the best. Its not outdated. Plus if your going to use devo your definitely wanna use cleanrip as that is what the dev made his AP around.

7. aeusese

aeusese Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi there! I need help regarding a File Size. I have Just Dance - Greatest Hits and the size is 3 GB wbfs file - is it normal? Is there another way to "trim" the size?

I want to load it through WiiFlow

8. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

That's normal. It's already trimmed. The untrimmed size would have been roughly 4.7gb

9. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Does wiigator cmios support audio streaming as well as retail disks?

10. panzone

panzone Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, can i load a Wii game using my home network ? There is a loader that can run games from network ?

11. Maxternal

Unfortunately, no. Someone was looking into that a while ago but never got anywhere so ATM that's not possible.

12. paed808

paed808 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Do I need to brick block my Wii games if I use USB Loader GX?

13. Maxternal

nope

14. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    The update partition is not used at all when you launch a game from an USBLoader.
    And if you use the correct options when you dump your game to ISO, or when you transfer your ISO to wbfs format using a backup Manager, it's fully removing the update partition.

Even if you used BrickBlock program to patch the update partition, it would have no effect at all, as the partition is removed/not read.

15. paed808

paed808 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for your detailed and informative answer! :D

16. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

United States
    Hi, im having problems playing back up games on my 650GB Westen Digital HDD. It was originally the HDD of my broken laptop but since i am not using it anymore, i tried to use it for my modded wii. I modded my unit using the latest version of modmii btw. I was originally using a 16GB Sandisk Flash Disk before i switch to my 650GB one. The thing is, i kept having problems when im using the WD Drive. Problems that occur are: After clicking "PLAY" on wiiflow, i got a black screen then my wii restarts back to system menu. Sometimes, i can access the game but it after a while, i will have a notice on my screen "Reading Game Disc......". And there are times that it goes in to the game, but on after a while, it just hangs up on me so the only solution for me is to turn off my wii by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds. And another thing, when selecting partition on wiiflow, obviously, i am inserting my HDD on the USB1(the one near the wall where my 16GB USB resides originally) i am sometimes seeing the games which is on my 16GB USB which is already unplugged. So i try changing the partition on the settings to USB2(i just tried to switch to see what will happen even though my HDD is on USB1) and viola, all the games which is on my HDD is there, but the problems that i mentioned earlier keeps on occuring. I also encounter an error which is similar to a dos command where at the bottom it says "Reloading in 10 seconds", this only happens once when i tried opening WarioWare Smooth Moves. Please help me.

And one more thing, i formatted my drive to fat32 and also back to ntfs thinking this will solve my problem but still same results. i formatted my drive using windows formatter. And also, being a laptops harddisk, it originally have 2 partitions, 1 is the main drive and 2nd the system drive. So i delete both the partitions and collated it as 1 partition using Computer Management on windows 7. but after that im still seeing a recovery partition with 12.70GB space and i cant seem to delete it. Do you think this has something to do with these errors?

17. CLN

CLN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have successfully created an EmuNAND (I think), and was able to successfully inject a wad into it using showmiiwads. I want to install other wads using the install wads feature on USB Loader GX. However, when I install a wad file using this, it creates a blank white channel in USB Loader (with the id of the game) that launches nothing. It also fails to download cover art for it. What am I doing wrong? I have set NAND saves & channel emulation to FULL in the settings.

18. Quanno

Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I haven't followed this thread, but couldn't find anything answers to my question.
    I assume this isn't done yet, but is it (theoretically) possible to make a USB loader use an FTP- or NAS server (locally) to load and play games?
    This came up in a discussion with a friend, and I'm wondering if this would be even remotely possible.

19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    It's not possible.
    It would require a new IOS* modification to communicate through WiFi to access game data instead of disc/usb/sd.
    Even if it's done, WiFi speed is not the best on Wii so you would have long loading time and probably lags in videos.

*When a game is running, only the IOS loaded in memory is used to communicate with the hardware.
    you can't add your own codes to the game to act like homebrew media players to access data over the network, you need to patch the IOS to redirect all calls from Disc to another place. this is what cIOS are doing, redirecting Disc to USB.

20. Quanno

Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - QUESTIONS, NEWBIE, QUICK