• Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well, as far as games not showing up, make sure you don't have any favorites or categories set. That might help. I know you said you got the names right but, just to be sure, I always just use Wii Backup Manager to "transfer" the game to the drive. That way I know it's in the right format, place, name, etc.

As far as games not working, did you do an update recently or something. You could always re-mod with ModMii just in case. You could also try temporarily moving settings files so it makes new ones in case they're what's breaking stuff. Doing a chkdsk on your drives and then defragging them might be a good idea in case it's because the drive or games got corrupted or something.
Hrm, alright. I haven't done any updates (I'll check what update it is when I get home tonight/tomorrow)

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I adjust coverflow in WiiFlow? Like changing it from vertical scrolling to a wall of games, etc. I tried pressing "1" but it's not working.

shade7742

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently got USB loader GX to play wii games with no issue. However, my gamecube games wouldn't show up. They eventually showed up in Wii flow but got stuck on a black screen. Am I missing a file or something? I'm sure my hard drive is FAT32 and has 32KB Clusters. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed usb loader gx v3.0 r1214, and right now I'm also trying to update devolution and dios-mios on my wii. I want to know how it already detects dios-mios 2.9+. I just downloaded the files for dios-mios 2.9+ from the website and I have not installed any dios-mios files. There is also no custom directory for dios-mios files. Is dios-mios 2.9+ integrated in the new usb loader gx r1214? I'm so confused.

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the best way to make clean 1:1 gamecube rips? I don't have a computer drive that can read gamecube discs, so I would like to use my wii to make 1:1 GC rips. In the devolution thread, they recommend using cleanrip, but that looks like an outdated method.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the best way to make clean 1:1 gamecube rips? I don't have a computer drive that can read gamecube discs, so I would like to use my wii to make 1:1 GC rips. In the devolution thread, they recommend using cleanrip, but that looks like an outdated method.
Cleanrip is the best. Its not outdated. Plus if your going to use devo your definitely wanna use cleanrip as that is what the dev made his AP around.

aeusese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! I need help regarding a File Size. I have Just Dance - Greatest Hits and the size is 3 GB wbfs file - is it normal? Is there another way to "trim" the size?

I want to load it through WiiFlow

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi there! I need help regarding a File Size. I have Just Dance - Greatest Hits and the size is 3 GB wbfs file - is it normal? Is there another way to "trim" the size?

I want to load it through WiiFlow
That's normal. It's already trimmed. The untrimmed size would have been roughly 4.7gb

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The update partition is not used at all when you launch a game from an USBLoader.
And if you use the correct options when you dump your game to ISO, or when you transfer your ISO to wbfs format using a backup Manager, it's fully removing the update partition.

Even if you used BrickBlock program to patch the update partition, it would have no effect at all, as the partition is removed/not read.

paed808

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The update partition is not used at all when you launch a game from an USBLoader.
And if you use the correct options when you dump your game to ISO, or when you transfer your ISO to wbfs format using a backup Manager, it's fully removing the update partition.

Even if you used BrickBlock program to patch the update partition, it would have no effect at all, as the partition is removed/not read.
Thanks for your detailed and informative answer! :D

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im having problems playing back up games on my 650GB Westen Digital HDD. It was originally the HDD of my broken laptop but since i am not using it anymore, i tried to use it for my modded wii. I modded my unit using the latest version of modmii btw. I was originally using a 16GB Sandisk Flash Disk before i switch to my 650GB one. The thing is, i kept having problems when im using the WD Drive. Problems that occur are: After clicking "PLAY" on wiiflow, i got a black screen then my wii restarts back to system menu. Sometimes, i can access the game but it after a while, i will have a notice on my screen "Reading Game Disc......". And there are times that it goes in to the game, but on after a while, it just hangs up on me so the only solution for me is to turn off my wii by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds. And another thing, when selecting partition on wiiflow, obviously, i am inserting my HDD on the USB1(the one near the wall where my 16GB USB resides originally) i am sometimes seeing the games which is on my 16GB USB which is already unplugged. So i try changing the partition on the settings to USB2(i just tried to switch to see what will happen even though my HDD is on USB1) and viola, all the games which is on my HDD is there, but the problems that i mentioned earlier keeps on occuring. I also encounter an error which is similar to a dos command where at the bottom it says "Reloading in 10 seconds", this only happens once when i tried opening WarioWare Smooth Moves. Please help me.

And one more thing, i formatted my drive to fat32 and also back to ntfs thinking this will solve my problem but still same results. i formatted my drive using windows formatter. And also, being a laptops harddisk, it originally have 2 partitions, 1 is the main drive and 2nd the system drive. So i delete both the partitions and collated it as 1 partition using Computer Management on windows 7. but after that im still seeing a recovery partition with 12.70GB space and i cant seem to delete it. Do you think this has something to do with these errors?

CLN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully created an EmuNAND (I think), and was able to successfully inject a wad into it using showmiiwads. I want to install other wads using the install wads feature on USB Loader GX. However, when I install a wad file using this, it creates a blank white channel in USB Loader (with the id of the game) that launches nothing. It also fails to download cover art for it. What am I doing wrong? I have set NAND saves & channel emulation to FULL in the settings.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't followed this thread, but couldn't find anything answers to my question.
I assume this isn't done yet, but is it (theoretically) possible to make a USB loader use an FTP- or NAS server (locally) to load and play games?
This came up in a discussion with a friend, and I'm wondering if this would be even remotely possible.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not possible.
It would require a new IOS* modification to communicate through WiFi to access game data instead of disc/usb/sd.
Even if it's done, WiFi speed is not the best on Wii so you would have long loading time and probably lags in videos.

*When a game is running, only the IOS loaded in memory is used to communicate with the hardware.
you can't add your own codes to the game to act like homebrew media players to access data over the network, you need to patch the IOS to redirect all calls from Disc to another place. this is what cIOS are doing, redirecting Disc to USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster...