Questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Havok3493, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Havok3493
    OP

Havok3493 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2011
    Canada
    So I got myself a 3ds (zelda ocarina of time 3d edition if it is relavent) for christmas and ordered a supercard dstwo the next day.

This would be my first flashcard, I own a ds lite and games which I got rom backups for to put on my dstwo.

Anyways I have a few questions:

As of tommorow I will have

1 3ds
    1 ds lite
    1 8 gb microsd class 10
    1 supercard dstwo

I don't want to f--- something up so i decided to post.

How do i get started with updating for the 3ds (since I have no knowledge with the DStwo)?
    Where do I add my backup roms on the micro sd? is it a folder or just in the micro sd?

Thanks for the help guys :)

2. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    First you need to update the DSTwo. Get both the latest EOS and the latest firmware file and extract them to the root of the SD card (i.e. X:\). After that, put it in your DS Lite, turn it on, and say yes when it wants to update.

Second, you will need to get the plugins. I suggest getting the GBA and SNES ones to start. For the GBA one it is important to get version 1.21 and NOT 1.30 as 1.30 breaks a few things. For SNES I suggest using CATSFC. For plugins there will usually be both a plugin data folder (NDSGBA/CATSCF) which goes in the root and either a .ini and .plg file or a _dstwoplug folder containing a .plg/.ini file. Both the .plg and .ini files go in X:\_dstwoplug

Finally, DS games can go anywhere though I suggest making a DS_Games folder and then dividing the games into subfolders (i.e. X:\DS_Games\RPGs or X:\DS_Games\AtoM).

3. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    We have a Beginner's Guide sticky, you should check that out.

4. Havok3493
    OP

Havok3493 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2011
    Canada
    thanks guys will reply if i have any problems