Hacking Questions regarding Wii backup loaders

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was wondering if I could replace Cfg's tetris.mp3 file, which serves as the background music for Cfg, with an MP3 of my own, as it sounds like shit. If so, I guess I should rename the replacement MP3 file to tetris.mp3 as well, right?

Next, I've been having this error that says "Exception (DSI) occured!", which freezes my Wii and forces me to reset. It's rather annoying, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this by linking me to a thread with similar problems, giving me instructions, etc.

Thanks,
Glys

EDIT: shit, the freezing error isn't really related to Cfg or any backup loader, as it happens with several other homebrews.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
By default any mp3 files in your music folder will be played in a random order. I don't know where you got tetris.mp3, but that is not included in the default package. Check "SD:\usb-loader\config.txt" and see if there is a "music=" setting. If there is, delete that line and place the mp3 file(s) in "SD:\usb-loader\music"

If these homebrew apps are on your HDD, move them to your SD card and try it out.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
By default any mp3 files in your music folder will be played in a random order. I don't know where you got tetris.mp3, but that is not included in the default package. Check "SD:\usb-loader\config.txt" and see if there is a "music=" setting. If there is, delete that line and place the mp3 file(s) in "SD:\usb-loader\music"

If these homebrew apps are on your HDD, move them to your SD card and try it out.

Tetris mp3 was included at some point in the official package as I recall...

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JoostinOnline:
Will check it out and try to get something working, although there IS a file called tetris.mp3 in my Cfg's folder.
ohmy.gif

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
New question, also: how do I save the style settings in Cfg? Every time I change the settings in the themes/styles, the settings are resetted when I start Cfg up again. Is this normal, or is there a way to make such changes permanent?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
glysegui said:
New question, also: how do I save the style settings in Cfg? Every time I change the settings in the themes/styles, the settings are resetted when I start Cfg up again. Is this normal, or is there a way to make such changes permanent?

Do not save from the CFG GUI.

instead press minus for the option list and go into global options. Press 2 to save the global options from there.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
JoostinOnline said:

Tetris mp3 was included at some point in the official package as I recall...
I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright then. Thanks a lot! Both of you!

Is there by any chance a way to run installed WiiWare wads from my HDD? Doing it from my SD card, but that's getting rather full by now.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'll need a nand dump for that and a FAT 32 HDD.
To use your own Dumped nand , Look for Simple FS dumper or Bleudump MOD.
You can also Use a Bootmii dump using showmiiwads.

Modmii can set up a virtual Nand also, with or withou a Uneek/ Sneek install.

* With this dump you will Emulate a Wii. ( so what ever happens to your Virtual NAND, you Real Wii is safe! )
*Options for emulation: Mighty channels, Uneek/ Sneek, Postloader 2, also Uloader would be an option but installation of Games must be done with Uloader itself and has a different way of working.
* My recommendation goes out to Setting up Uneek. With Uneek and setting up Switch to uneek + Joyflow, you have 100% compatibilty for all Wiiware and VC games. + the option of setting up multiple NANDS set up to your preference!.
* Mighty Loader is also great but need the NAND dump on the root of your HDD. Multiple NANDS are ( not yet ) supported. Compatibilty is around 90%.
* For the installation of wads you can use Showmiiwads or if you are on your Wii itself, YAWM.

To set things up You should use Modmii. It's easy and makes everything clear.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Hielkenator:
Alright, I'll check it out, although I didn't see anything related to loading WiiWare/VC there initially. Probably a seperate option or something.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
glysegui said:
@Hielkenator:
Alright, I'll check it out, although I didn't see anything related to loading WiiWare/VC there initially. Probably a seperate option or something.

No that would be right.
Modmii does'nt condone to Piracy.
BUT, can set up a NAND to use for emulating a Wii.
This "virtual" Wii will have as much space as your HDD can possibly hold.
Are you beginning to see the possibilties of NAND emulation?

Uneek is a kind of emulator that completely emulates a Wii . No need for Cios or hacks as it is allready part of the emulation. It just works like a regular Wii, though it is'nt a real one, just a Dump or Made up NAND ( nand = internal Wii system/ memory ) for you to use like a real Wii.

With Uneek, boundries off storage are something from the past. Also for collectors this is a match made in heaven.
Imagine having ALL VC and ALL Wiiware on your HDD, running them like it is a real Wii'or using Wiiflow/ Joyflow like you would boot Wii backups on a real Wii.. THATS Uneek/ Sneek.

Mighty channels is also another kind of NAND emulation, purely for booting Wiiware VC games from The same virtual NAND if you wish.
Mighty channels does'nt emulate the complete Wii system., and has it's own interface for booting Wiiware and VC games.
Compatibilty is'nt as High as Uneek emulation ( VC games are 100% though. ) and reqiures a different Cios in slot 249.

If you have the space to spare on your HDD , you can have multiple NANDS set up with Uneek + Swith2Uneek + Joyflow. ( awesomeness! )
This result in the option to choose wich NAND you want to use. ( for example: You can have a NAND with ALL Wiiware and a second one with ALL VC games etc. it all up to you. )
If you are done playing you can boot back to your Real Wii with the Swith2 real channel. etc...

Post loader is something like Mighty channels but requires Priiloader wich will autoboot Postloader.
Postloader can read you USB nand even before you Wii is booted. This works very fast, and Postloader aims to replace the system menu/ HBC.

glysegui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, didn't know that stuff. Any guides I could consult for that matter?

Changing the options with - in Cfg didn't change anything. Pressing 2 after having changed the settings didn't seem to do jack either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.