Hacking Questions regarding Nand backup & restore

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi @ all

I just wanted to ask the more experienced users if i am right with the following:

Because CIA installs take a long time, i have planned to backup my emunand and the internal 3DS SD Card on a regularly base.
So under any circumstances, if something happens, like screwing my emunand, deleted cia installs (i have seperated the nands) or whatever case/event may ocur....if i just inject my backed up emunand and copy contents back to internal SD, will everything be back and working ?
Did someone test this already by any chance ?
I have 64 GB internal SD and many CIA installed already and there are more to come, i don´t want to go through the install process again.

Thanks for your interest and answers

Have a nice week

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're on the right track, and it's recommended for all users. I only have an emunand and nand backup, but I forgot to backup my files on my SD card.
I can confirm that injecting emunand works. You just need to have an emunand on your SD card before you can inject your emunand.

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks, yes i thought this method would be way faster and easier than reinstalling everything, if something happens that would need me to format internal sd and emunand ;)
Just recognized you are the one with the animal crossing saves ;) I will try this one day, if i find the time for it, it seems to be very time consuming though...
Question regaring the AC Saves : Couldn´t i just use a save that has already everything included ? i mean all of the 333 villagers, the furniture sets, rare items, special items, lot of money etc... ?
Because i have another 3DS with animal crossing installed officially, so i could load your save on my gateway 3ds and transfer everything i need to my official owned eshop animal crossing on the other 3ds ?
And do i really need savedatafiler ? i mean, the savefiles for the games are on the internal sd card on a gateway 3ds, couldn´t i just load up a save from you for the AC rom or AC cia (i would pefer the cia btw).
Would be great if you can answer this, didn´t have the time yet to look further into save file interchanging ;)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, yes i thought this method would be way faster and easier than reinstalling everything, if something happens that would need me to format internal sd and emunand ;)
Just recognized you are the one with the animal crossing saves ;) I will try this one day, if i find the time for it, it seems to be very time consuming though...
Question regaring the AC Saves : Couldn´t i just use a save that has already everything included ? i mean all of the 333 villagers, the furniture sets, rare items, special items, lot of money etc... ?
Because i have another 3DS with animal crossing installed officially, so i could load your save on my gateway 3ds and transfer everything i need to my official owned eshop animal crossing on the other 3ds ?
And do i really need savedatafiler ? i mean, the savefiles for the games are on the internal sd card on a gateway 3ds, couldn´t i just load up a save from you for the AC rom or AC cia (i would pefer the cia btw).
Would be great if you can answer this, didn´t have the time yet to look further into save file interchanging ;)

Yep that's me~ That Animal Crossing saves guy. But now ALL the villager saves belong to troa11 now, he found a way to cycle for ALL 333 villagers, incredible!
There's no other way but to use SaveDataFiler to inject the saves into your rom. You should read the thread and give it a try to see how it works. You just match the save code with the one shown in the spreadsheet. I wrote instructions for it.
No there's no way to load everything into one save, unless it's items. But villagers no, you can only have up to 10 villagers in your town. And they wont be in boxes ready to move. With the save, you could get any villager into boxes and give them away as much times as you want.

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep that's me~ That Animal Crossing saves guy. But now ALL the villager saves belong to troa11 now, he found a way to cycle for ALL 333 villagers, incredible!
There's no other way but to use SaveDataFiler to inject the saves into your rom. You should read the thread and give it a try to see how it works. You just match the save code with the one shown in the spreadsheet. I wrote instructions for it.
No there's no way to load everything into one save, unless it's items. But villagers no, you can only have up to 10 villagers in your town. And they wont be in boxes ready to move. With the save, you could get any villager into boxes and give them away as much times as you want.

Hey Matt, thanks for your answer, i will look more into your Animal Crossing thread, and contact you if i have any trouble to get it working...
But aren´t the saves for roms or cia installs already on the internal sd card as "XXXX.sav" file ???

Seems very time consuming to achieve the boxed villagers, i hope i will find the time for this soon... i like to do such challenging stuff ;)

Cheers

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I use win32diskimager to make an image of my 3DS SD card.
when anything goes wrong, just write the image back to sd.

Made an image with latest 9.4.x emunand before updating it to 9.5.x and when everything worked, made a new one with 9.5.x emunand
I'll keep them stored on my pc in seperate folders "emunandbackup xx-xx-xxxx", where x is the date of the backup

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s