Questions about Tubehax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Noah Bloom, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Noah Bloom
    OP

Noah Bloom Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    Canada
    Hey there, I was looking into buying a new 2DS and had a few questions about it for anyone that knows anything or uses it. Can it play pirate games like if I wanted to play Pokemon Y could I play it? Another thing, I heard about people being banned by using Sky3DS and Gateway for playing online on pirated games, if Tubehax can play pirate games not just custom roms would I get banned for playing online? That's all I've really got to ask so thanks for hearing me out and any pages with information anyone could link me to would be great! Thanks!

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    Ironhax/Tubehax can't play 3DS rom files. If you really want to, a 3DS with 9.2.0 or lower + Cubic Ninja + ninjhax 1.x might be able to.

3. StaticPain

StaticPain GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    California
    You best bet is to buy a sky 3ds if you can't locate fw 9.2 or lower

4. Noah Bloom
    OP

Noah Bloom Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    Canada
    Oh okay I heard something about rxtools on Tubehax working but I dunno/ Thanks though!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well assuming any BNIB 2ds' are lower than 9.2 which I think they are, I could give Tubhax + rxtools a go. Wouldn't that work for running roms?

5. kitney

kitney Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2015
    so which mean that it can't play online games?

6. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Forget about tubehax and rxTools.
    if you have a console with 9.2 or below, you can simply use rxTools or any other CFW to play roms (even online if you want)
    if you have above 9.2, you can use tubehax but for homebrew only or use Sky3DS to play roms

7. kitney

kitney Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2015
    Sorry but is it ok to play online? by using tubehax and sky3ds?

8. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    You would need to have a private header(a header only you own), if you want to go online. Or there is a change for a ban from the big N