Questions about the DSi XL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haloman800, Mar 1, 2010.

Mar 1, 2010
  1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Hello. I bought the DSi when it first came out, trading my old DS lite at Game Crazy for 100 dollars towards my DSi, which was 180 at the time IIRC, now the new DSi XL is coming out, and Game Stop is having a similar trade in deal, trade in your DSi for 90 dollars towards your DSi.... But if you still have your DS lite you can still get 60 dollars towards it.

So, the 80 dollars I spent last year was basically wasted.

Does the DSi XL do anything that the DSi doesn't, besides not being able to fit in your pocket?

Plus, Nintendo might not update the DSi anymore, so my Acekard won't ever get blocked, but if I get the new DSi XL, they might release an update that I need to access the shop, and that will block my Acekard.

2. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The DSi XL has a few dsi ware games preloaded and a bigger styles that doesn't fit in the console. The firmware is the same for both consoles and they wont drop support for one of them

3. jahrs

Newcomer jahrs Member

United States
    so what your basicaly sayin the only difference is the screen size and nothing else cause if thats true i aint gonna waste my money for that. maybe if they added the gba slot again while keeping everything else but if not ill just save my money and stay with my dsi

4. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    The two Brain-Age Games pre-loaded and the two free ones already installed will be completely useless if they don't let me transfer my already downloaded dsiware from my DSi to the XL.

I already have Brain Age anyway, the DSiWare and the cartridge one, so I don't care about those anyway.

I don't think I'll be getting this.

5. nehe32

Member nehe32 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    yes, this is true.
    Unless you really want that extra screen space, it isn't worth the upgrade IMO

6. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    They say battery is better too, and some things (speakers) are better too, but mostly it is just bigger screens upscale.

To me who has no DSi yet it is great though.