Questions about selling 3DS System

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TheSilentCircle, Oct 1, 2015.

1. TheSilentCircle
    OP

TheSilentCircle Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    I will preface this by saying I've done some searching about removing NNID's and have come up with mixed answers so I'm looking for clarification.

I've got an O3DS XL I just sold running Sysnand 4.2u (Downgraded from 9.x using gateway) and emunand 10.1 with RxTools. I basically want to reset the console to factory settings (IE - Remove my NNID from the EmuNand) so the buyer can use his NNID (assuming he has one).

Since the sysnand is 4.2 and doesn't have NNID support, can I just delete the NNID using the System tool in the EmuNand? Also, how could I go about deleting all my profile info from the sysnand? Is it safe to use the format system data option from sysnand?

Any other precautions I should take before I ship the console? Would it just be easier to restore my old Sysnand backup (9.x) remove my NNID from that and reformat my EmuNand and reinstall Rx-Tools?

2. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    NNIDs once tied to a console can only be transferred via the System Transfer application or via Nintendo support.
    You'll want to call up Nintendo and tell them you sold the console and you need your NNID unlinked.
    If you don't care about the NNID just do a system format as that enables a new NNID to be linked to the system.

3. TheSilentCircle
    OP

TheSilentCircle Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    I don't care about the NNID at all.

My problem is that I originally downgraded from 9.2 and had my NNID setup before I downgraded to 4.5. I've read that even though the 4.5 firmware doesn't have NNID settings the sysnand can still see the NNID data; and if I format the emunand from the settings menu the emunand portion of the console will no longer be able to access the e-shop unless I linked my same NNID again.

That's what I'm trying to clarify.

I'm almost at the point where I think it would be easiest to restore my backed up 9.2 NAND delete my NNID from the backup and then re-setup emunand and all that.

e: I believe I found my answer on MaxConsole hopefully this will sort it out

Last edited by TheSilentCircle, Oct 2, 2015
  4. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Didn't know that, so you sold the system with custom firmware installed?.
    Just curious how much did you sell it for ?.