darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got a few questions about modding here thy are

1 whats the best custom firmware?

2 can i make a magic memory stick by connecting the psp to the computer and not having a adapter for the memory stick?

3 do i have to use the memory stick after i mod my psp, or can i use a diffrent stick?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darnoc said:
i got a few questions about modding here thy are

1 whats the best custom firmware?

2 can i make a magic memory stick by connecting the psp to the computer and not having a adapter for the memory stick?

3 do i have to use the memory stick after i mod my psp, or can i use a diffrent stick?

1. The latest firmware out there is usually the best. It's not until you get picky does specific firmware matter (Like with .CTFs)

2. Yes, no adapter is needed for it. In fact, zzk2001 on youtube has a great package for download that'll put you on 4.01 M33-2. From there, you can use Network Update to get to 5.00 M33-6.

3. You can use any Memory Stick after that. You can even format and re-use that Memory Stick.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure others will jump in but

1) m33 is about the only one people use these days. m33 5.00-6 being the latest and unless you tell it otherwise it should be able to update said custom firmware via network.

2) Unless you are at 5.50 you have the option of updating to official firmware 5.03 and using the chickHEN hack which only requires a memory stick to run a homebrew firmware and then use an installer like hellcats to install a proper custom firmware.

3) It is redundant if you use chickHEN but if you still use pandora yes can use any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.