questions about modding

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by darnoc, Jun 3, 2009.

Jun 3, 2009

questions about modding by darnoc at 12:53 AM (753 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. darnoc
    OP

Member darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i got a few questions about modding here thy are

1 whats the best custom firmware?

2 can i make a magic memory stick by connecting the psp to the computer and not having a adapter for the memory stick?

3 do i have to use the memory stick after i mod my psp, or can i use a diffrent stick?

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Best probably would be the latest 5.00 M33-6. You can make a mms that provide you have a program like psp grader. After installing M33 firmware you can use any stick.

3. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. The latest firmware out there is usually the best. It's not until you get picky does specific firmware matter (Like with .CTFs)

2. Yes, no adapter is needed for it. In fact, zzk2001 on youtube has a great package for download that'll put you on 4.01 M33-2. From there, you can use Network Update to get to 5.00 M33-6.

3. You can use any Memory Stick after that. You can even format and re-use that Memory Stick.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am sure others will jump in but

1) m33 is about the only one people use these days. m33 5.00-6 being the latest and unless you tell it otherwise it should be able to update said custom firmware via network.

2) Unless you are at 5.50 you have the option of updating to official firmware 5.03 and using the chickHEN hack which only requires a memory stick to run a homebrew firmware and then use an installer like hellcats to install a proper custom firmware.

3) It is redundant if you use chickHEN but if you still use pandora yes can use any.