Hacking Questions about MCU Bricks and Luma 8.1.1 Led Toggling

Meercko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To this day I know one of the few ways you can permanently brick your 3ds even with B9S installed is something called the MCU brick, now I've never heard of this brick until very recently, and apparently neither ntrboothax or a hardmod can fix this kind of brick, I did a quick google search and from what I could understand the MCU is a firmware on the 3ds that handles LEDs and other stuff, it's very sensitive and the slightest mistake while dealing with it could permanently brick your console, I fail to get how with B9S doing the worst things to your SysNAND is completely safe as long as you have a backup and don't mess with firms too much, but doing the wrong thing with a LED can make your console self-destruct with no chance of recovery, can someone explain to me how this works?
Also, with the latest Luma3DS release, a new Led Toggling option was added, I didn't know anything about MCU when I updated, so I naively turned the LEDs on and off just to see how it behaved, did I actualy just risk permanently bricking my 3ds by doing it multiple times in a row?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi...