Hacking Questions about factory reset CFW 3DS

bleunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I wanted to remove CFW on my 3DS to start over since I felt that I didn't followed the steps correctly. I read a lot of threads and all said that a factory reset is enough + formatting the SD card. The problem is that I could still for whatever reason boot into Luma3DS and Hourglass9 which I guess means that it's still there somehow. I can't use any other SD card if its not the one with all of my stuff on it that you should have at the end of the guide. I also can't boot the 3DS without the SD card which means that if I was to ever sell the console in the future the SD card, would have to be in 24/7. If I restore from a nand backup I get to a backup after the guide where I started adding custom themes which I think is weird since the only backup I did was the one before armloader had even been installed.

My question is, how do I fix this, I just want a fresh 3DS, just like it was before the CFW.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Restore the NAND backup from before you started modding, but do it with Decrypt9, not Hourglass9. Hourglass9 won't remove A9LH.
Does it matter if you didn't follow the steps correctly if everything works properly?

bleunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Restore the NAND backup from before you started modding, but do it with Decrypt9, not Hourglass9. Hourglass9 won't remove A9LH.
Does it matter if you didn't follow the steps correctly if everything works properly?
I guess, but how do I boot to Decrypt9? I can only boot to hourglass9 and Lima, and I don't have any apps since I factory reset it :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You really don't need to start again. If a9lh is installed (which it is if you can boot into Luma payloads) then there's nothing to fix.

If there's something you want to do but can't, that you thought starting over would help with, tell us what that is and we'll help you achieve it.

bleunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You really don't need to start again. If a9lh is installed (which it is if you can boot into Luma payloads) then there's nothing to fix.

If there's something you want to do but can't, that you thought starting over would help with, tell us what that is and we'll help you achieve it.
Alright, so I factory reset it (only reason is stupidity?) so I guess my questions are
1. I now have a factory reset 3DS with access a9lh. What do I do to fix it so I get homebrew launcher, Luma etc. back since it doesn't have anything except access to Luma and hourglass?

2. I also can't turn on the 3DS without the sd card with all the files, if I insert another into it from the home screen, I get a "Display software error". How do I fix this?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I factory reset it (only reason is stupidity?) so I guess my questions are
1. I now have a factory reset 3DS with access a9lh. What do I do to fix it so I get homebrew launcher, Luma etc. back since it doesn't have anything except access to Luma and hourglass?

2. I also can't turn on the 3DS without the sd card with all the files, if I insert another into it from the home screen, I get a "Display software error". How do I fix this?
1. Get FBI via soundhax, then install HBL as a CIA.

2. That is normal, that means a9lh is working as intended.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

1. As above, or read the installing a9lh page and see what it gets you to install after the a9lh installation.
2. If you want your console to boot without an SD card then you need to follow steps 7-12 of section VI in the installing a9lh page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.