Homebrew [Question] Tricking CIA to act like another title?

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an edited Mario Kart 7 CIA that I would like to use. I want to make the 3DS think that the CIA is a copy of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. I tried replacing the TitleID in the ExHeader, but all it gave me was a blank CIA that shows an error when trying to run it. Anyone know how I can do this?

I'm running rxTools on a 2DS with 9.2.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why would you do that?. Why would you want your mario kart cia to behave like pokemon cia?.
Because I could take a screenshot of it, post it on Miiverse, and say "HEY POKEMON GUYS, IM PLAYING MARIO KART 7 HERE LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!"

Something along the lines of that.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you guys... At least let me explain.

Basically, Mario Kart 7's title screen consists of two easily-editable BCLIM files. If you edit those, you can post custom images in the Mario Kart 7 community. This is why I asked the question at the start of the post: so I could get those custom images to other communities.

This guy did it just fine: http://le-miiverse-resource.wikia.com/wiki/Two_Faced/Arian

So I'm just trying to see if I could do this in that way. That's it.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wasted my entire day working on trying to hack a children's social network. All I got was this:
kmkPsUX.png

About 1/3 of the people believe it, 1/3 of the people don't believe it, and the other 1/3 is explaining the hacks I used. RIP my entire day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol