Homebrew [Question] Tricking CIA to act like another title?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Because I could take a screenshot of it, post it on Miiverse, and say "HEY POKEMON GUYS, IM PLAYING MARIO KART 7 HERE LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!"

Something along the lines of that.
Not only you're asking to be banned, but the Pokemon Miiverse group doesn't allow screenshots.
Sorry guys, somebody had to say it.

Reactions: Mrrraou

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only you're asking to be banned, but the Pokemon Miiverse group doesn't allow screenshots.
Sorry guys, somebody had to say it.
From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure that's something in the game's code, and not the community's.

EDIT: Never mind, it is the community. Darn.

Last edited by PF2M,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wasted my entire day working on trying to hack a children's social network. All I got was this:
kmkPsUX.png

About 1/3 of the people believe it, 1/3 of the people don't believe it, and the other 1/3 is explaining the hacks I used. RIP my entire day.
I'm curios. Tell me how long it takes to get banned xD

Reactions: PF2M

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post some instructions on how to do what you did? It sounds fun! (I don't think you have to be 15 to have fun. I will be twice that in August)
With Mario Kart 7? Once I figure out how to properly compile the RomFS, I'd love to make a tutorial about it. Just gotta find the right programs.

Reactions: Quantumcat

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's probably a much easier (and less illegal) way to do this, though. Like changing the ID of a Sunshell CIA instead of replacing two hard-to-create BCLIMs in a copied ROM. But I haven't tried messing with that yet, so if anyome gives it a try, tell us what happens here.

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would he banned to do such thing like that? I could do the "same" thing just using photoshop and I can't be banned because of that. Or is it ilegal to post photoshopped pictures?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why would he banned to do such thing like that? I could do the "same" thing just using photoshop and I can't be banned because of that. Or is it ilegal to post photoshopped pictures?
You can only post screenshots of games, and only the game that's the topic of the forum.

Reactions: PF2M

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, you guys... At least let me explain.

Basically, Mario Kart 7's title screen consists of two easily-editable BCLIM files. If you edit those, you can post custom images in the Mario Kart 7 community. This is why I asked the question at the start of the post: so I could get those custom images to other communities.

This guy did it just fine: http://le-miiverse-resource.wikia.com/wiki/Two_Faced/Arian

So I'm just trying to see if I could do this in that way. That's it.

I kinda wasted my entire day working on trying to hack a children's social network. All I got was this:
kmkPsUX.png

About 1/3 of the people believe it, 1/3 of the people don't believe it, and the other 1/3 is explaining the hacks I used. RIP my entire day.
Wow, how pathetic. You guys really don't have anything better to do with your time?

So much work for so little reward. You wasted a whole day, and all you have to show for it is a picture of your homescreen posted in a community that already allows pictures of your homescreen!? lol

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, how pathetic. You guys really don't have anything better to do with your time?

So much work for so little reward. You wasted a whole day, and all you have to show for it is a picture of your homescreen posted in a community that already allows pictures of your homescreen!? lol

Some people just don't care about time when they're "having" fun, man.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know 3/4ths of the people reading this probably don't care, but I decided to work on modding CIAs.
It's coming along great, I have a working LPP-3DS script that shows a screenshot and works as a certain game ID.
All I have to do is finish building the CIAs and bug-test.

EDIT: Expect a release by tomorrow morning. Which is in 5 hours for me, I've stayed up too late working on this stuff and I need some sleep. Look forward to then! ;)

Last edited by PF2M,

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Who are you to judge how people spend their time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: