Hacking [Question] Setup with RxTools failed, what to do?

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I owned a old 3DS XL SSB Edition with firmware 8.1 last week and I want to set it up with rxtools.
I downloaded the latest nightly build but now I'm at a point with an error and I dont know what to do. I never used rxTools before, so any help would be useful for me.

IMG_0452.JPG

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: XRaidersP

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
each version has it's own location of firm(s). if you are using latest nightly, it no longer uses single firmware.bin and not to be placed on root.
follow this (page 28) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vLSLAvFW_4UekzJnKCjz_ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit#
There are three files, I put the firm folder into the rxTools folder like the guide says but when I open the page on the webbrowser, it takes me back to the homemenu with an error. RxTools is not loading up anymore.

Edit: Finally I installed rxTools. What guide doesnt said is, that you must put the three files into the root of your SD Card, too.

Last edited by Traiver,

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There are three files, I put the firm folder into the rxTools folder like the guide says but when I open the page on the webbrowser, it takes me back to the homemenu with an error. RxTools is not loading up anymore.

Edit: Finally I installed rxTools. What guide doesnt said is, that you must put the three files into the root of your SD Card, too.
there should be four along with the cetk... and i don't have them on the root. well anyway, if it already works for you that way, i guess we use different build.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there should be four along with the cetk... and i don't have them on the root. well anyway, if it already works for you that way, i guess we use different build.
Yes, I think so.. The next thing I'll do is upgrade my o3DS from 8.1 sysnand to 9.0 sysnand for coldboot directly when you're turning your 3DS on. How did I do that?

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you need to get sysupdater n the update pack from iso site, use them in devmode (if you use them in sysnand rxmode you'll brick your 3ds) to update. it's simple process but dangerous. keep your sysnand back up.

Last edited by honyo29,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, I think so.. The next thing I'll do is upgrade my o3DS from 8.1 sysnand to 9.0 sysnand for coldboot directly when you're turning your 3DS on. How did I do that?
1. Download sysupdater from https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases
2. Download a 9.0/9.2 upgrade pack from that ISO site (they are no longer downloadable from NUS) and place all the CIA files on your SD card in an "updates" directory.
3. Inject FBI to your sysNAND using rxTools if you don't already have a CIA manager on your sysNAND. Alternatively use that Gateway that's in your picture to install a CIA manager, I find that way easier since you can just load a CIA manager in .3ds format and use it to install a .cia one.
4. Launch rxTools in Pasta Mode (it's under the Advanced menu), this will load sysNAND with only signature check patches activated.
5. Use FBI (or other CIA manager) to install sysupdater
6. Launch sysupdater, pick the update option and follow the instructions.
VERY IMPORTANT! If you launch rxTools normally and not in Pasta Mode then sysupdater will brick your 3DS.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download sysupdater from https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases
2. Download a 9.0/9.2 upgrade pack from that ISO site (they are no longer downloadable from NUS) and place all the CIA files on your SD card in an "updates" directory.
3. Inject FBI to your sysNAND using rxTools if you don't already have a CIA manager on your sysNAND. Alternatively use that Gateway that's in your picture to install a CIA manager, I find that way easier since you can just load a CIA manager in .3ds format and use it to install a .cia one.
4. Launch rxTools in Pasta Mode (it's under the Advanced menu), this will load sysNAND with only signature check patches activated.
5. Use FBI (or other CIA manager) to install sysupdater
6. Launch sysupdater, pick the update option and follow the instructions.
VERY IMPORTANT! If you launch rxTools normally and not in Pasta Mode then sysupdater will brick your 3DS.
I'm stuck at the point with installing FBI with rxTools. It says:

Backing up Health & Safety info...
Injecting FBI to Health & Safety info...
Error opening 0:fbi_inject.tmd!
A continue

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm stuck at the point with installing FBI with rxTools. It says:

Backing up Health & Safety info...
Injecting FBI to Health & Safety info...
Error opening 0:fbi_inject.tmd!
A continue
I can't really help you with that part as I have always used my Gateway to install a CIA manager, it's much easier, and FBI injection doesn't work for a lot of people. I recommend you go that route instead.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really help you with that part as I have always used my Gateway to install a CIA manager, it's much easier, and FBI injection doesn't work for a lot of people. I recommend you go that route instead.
Okay. So what do I do next with my Gateway card to install FBI or DevMenu on my sysnand?

Last edited by Traiver,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use Ninjhax + Pasta + FBI.3dsx to install FBI.cia

In 8.1 you can use browserhax + Pasta + FBI. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to set it up.

I don't know why you are trying to do FBI injection having so many better and easier choices.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use Ninjhax + Pasta + FBI.3dsx to install FBI.cia

In 8.1 you can use browserhax + Pasta + FBI. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to set it up.

I don't know why you are trying to do FBI injection having so many better and easier choices.
Okay then, how do I install it via browserhax and Pasta?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then, how do I install it via browserhax and Pasta?

PastaCFW is a CFW that boots into your sysnand. You can launch it from Ninjhax 1.1 as if it was a homebrew app.

Oops sorry, I think browserhax works in 9.0 or above... You can always use the gateway card, I don't know the specifics about it.

I think you can remove the SD card so Gateway mode boots in sysnand, then use FBI.3DS from the red card to install FBI.CIA

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it! I installed it via the rxTools injector. I put 2 files, named "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" on my root of the SD card, then installed it via rxtools and now FBI runs in sysnand.

I already installed the update via sysUpdater and now I'm on 9.0.0-20E.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
as someone with gw redcart , you really love to waste your time with injection. anyway, enjoy your coldboot cfw! cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill