[Question] Restoring Save Content from ages ago from diff. system

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ConfusedMujina, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ConfusedMujina
    OP

ConfusedMujina Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    So not too long ago, My 3DS was stolen. Sucks, sucks for sure, but hay these things happen.

I'm in the process of restoring to a new 3DS all the things I've lost. I've recovered nearly everything- Except save games. I have an old SD card backup from my previous 3DS. Since this other 3DS is a different machine.install entirely, Restoring old savegames from that backup is not a simple matter of plug and play (I think.)

Is there a method of decrypting save games from an old SD card backup, or is there a method of transfering the save data from that old Backup to this current system? Googling is failing me and leading me in the wrong directions.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    You need a file from that stolen system's nand called moveable.sed. Without it, you cannot decrypt sd savegames.
    So unless you have a decrypted ctr-nand somewhere, you're outta luck.

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    AFAIK the only way you could do that is if you had dumped moveable.sed from the old console. But I may be wrong and someone can correct me if so.

4. ConfusedMujina
    OP

ConfusedMujina Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh! What a shame. I won't get my hopes up then. ...I tend to build a LOT of savegames up, so I feel the lesson for myself, and any observing here is to include a dump of moveable.sed with your SD backups.