Hardware Question regarding the ABXY Buttons on my N3DSXL...

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My X and B buttons are almost totally nonfunctional now. Will I be needing to replace the buttons or can it be fixed without replacing them. My N3DSXL is a Galaxy model which I got last April.

With either method, how would I go about doing it? Because, as an example, I recently replaced the volume bar on my PSP, and it didn't last four months.

DEEP_STEEL

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm...... Even i had the same problem....
i just took apart my ABXY button board, peeled off the contact pad's from it and put it back again by rotating it in a different position from before and it started working again....
the contact pad mave have a little burn mark under it so that's why you have to shift's it's position a little bit....

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Like what @ssjdeepanshu said, reposition those golden contact patches if they shifted out of place.

Refer to step 19 in this ifixit tutorial. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

If those look good, check if the the rubber inserts between hard button and golden contact patches are torn.

Edit : To prevent future shifting of the contact patches, try using Scotch clear tape. Tape over the 4 patches with a single layer of tape for each spot. Do not use Scotch Magic / fuzzy / hazy tape as those suck at taping.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: DEEP_STEEL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu