Hardware Question regarding the ABXY Buttons on my N3DSXL...

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My X and B buttons are almost totally nonfunctional now. Will I be needing to replace the buttons or can it be fixed without replacing them. My N3DSXL is a Galaxy model which I got last April.

With either method, how would I go about doing it? Because, as an example, I recently replaced the volume bar on my PSP, and it didn't last four months.

DEEP_STEEL

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm...... Even i had the same problem....
i just took apart my ABXY button board, peeled off the contact pad's from it and put it back again by rotating it in a different position from before and it started working again....
the contact pad mave have a little burn mark under it so that's why you have to shift's it's position a little bit....

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Like what @ssjdeepanshu said, reposition those golden contact patches if they shifted out of place.

Refer to step 19 in this ifixit tutorial. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

If those look good, check if the the rubber inserts between hard button and golden contact patches are torn.

Edit : To prevent future shifting of the contact patches, try using Scotch clear tape. Tape over the 4 patches with a single layer of tape for each spot. Do not use Scotch Magic / fuzzy / hazy tape as those suck at taping.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: DEEP_STEEL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...