Question regarding Sudokuhax

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Sychophantom, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Sychophantom
    OP

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I have 4 DSi units in my house. (3 regular, one XL). My girlfriend's DSi has the original version of EA Sudoku (the hackable one).

My question basically is if I bought the new one on another DSi, could I move it to an SD card, then put the original hackable one on that DSi, or do they have different IDs?

2. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    I think it's got something to do with the way the save file is read and not with the actual save file. So no, I doubt you'd be able to get the hack to work.

3. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    No.
    All DSiware is encrypted and locked to the system. Transferring DSiware to a new DSi doesn't actually transfer the game, it transfers permission to download it.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    ... which will download the patched version.

So no new systems can get Sudokuhax.

5. Sychophantom
    OP

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I understand it will download the patched version. That isn't what I am asking.

I have the unpatched version sitting on an SD card, and can move it back to my girlfriend's DSi at will (she downloaded it before it was taken down). I want to move the patched version to an SD card, then see if I can move the unpatched in its place. That's what I want to know if it will work before I spend the money for the points.

Will the DSi that downloaded the new version think the old version belongs to a different DSi, or will it accept it?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Interesting question, we'll have to do an experiment to see if stuff is transferable...

I have the following...
    Trajectile.
    Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
    Arcade Bowling
    Jazzy Billiards

Does anybody else also own a copy? I can try sending them a backup on SD and seeing if they can load it, assuming their DSi/XL already has the rights to that specific game.

7. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    That won't work as it's not the copy originally bought on that specific DSi.

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    People have been able to transfer older copies to overwrite patched copies, so it may not check as much data as we thought, I haven't seen confirmation where people had already purchased the title on both units.

9. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Oh, wow, that's pretty interesting. If my other DSi were working, I'd try it out.

10. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    This was only when they had originally purchased and already downloaded the patched copy, though.

11. Lokao0

Lokao0 aka LkProd

Feb 16, 2010
    Brazil
    Behind you.
    I have Asphalt 4 Elite Racing, if it helps anyway.