Hacking Question on Wii with Wiikey and Widescreen TV

cyberock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had someone put my WiiKey in for me. I just noticed that the games do not fill up the entire screen on a widescreen tv. I could of swore they did before. Is it my imagination? I'm seeing about an inch of black space of the right and left side of the screen on my 50 inch tv. Is this normal or do I have a setting wrong? I have component cables and the Wii setting is set to widescreen and 480p. It is a US wii with a US tv. Is there something needed to be set in the WiiKey config?

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have my component cables setup yet, because I have too many component devices and not enough slots. However, some games will fill in all of the widescreen and some won't. I know WiiSports and WiiPlay do. So test those real quick.

cyberock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're right WiiPlay fills up the screen. Just never noticed that before. SSX, Rayman, and Excite truck do not so far.

saccorator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had someone put my WiiKey in for me. I just noticed that the games do not fill up the entire screen on a widescreen tv. I could of swore they did before. Is it my imagination? I'm seeing about an inch of black space of the right and left side of the screen on my 50 inch tv. Is this normal or do I have a setting wrong? I have component cables and the Wii setting is set to widescreen and 480p. It is a US wii with a US tv. Is there something needed to be set in the WiiKey config?

I noticed the same thing too. I am also playing on a 50 inch DLP. It wasn't until I played SSX that I noticed it.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
same for me, but the godfather does fill up the whole screen
biggrin.gif

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, some game don't have widescreen support, maybe the game tells the wii that this game doesnt support widescreen and therefore pads it with black bars on the left and right?

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I can confirm that this happens also on my 4:3 CRT TV (SCART RGB Cable).

SSX and Excite truck do not fill the whole screen. I have one inch black bars on the top and bottom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it