Gaming Question on updating from 3.3u to 4.0?

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on updating to 4.0 (so I can play madworld, and save channels to my SD), but not through nintendo, so I can keep my homebrew. I also install .wads, so I dont want to lose that either.

I am currently running 3.3u, and the last cios I installed was the one required to play onslaught for wiiware. What method of updating to I need to do?

Do I need to update to 4.0 to play madworld, or is 4.0 just for the save to sd? What are my options?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would NOT reccomend updating to 4.0 right now and no you do not need madworld to play with 4.0. There are some reports of homebrew not working and its reccomend you wait until wiibrew.org delivers an update

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I would NOT reccomend updating to 4.0 right now and no you do not need madworld to play with 4.0. There are some reports of homebrew not working and its reccomend you wait until wiibrew.org delivers an update
I read on numerous websites that madworld has a forced update the first time you play it.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
wiiguy said:
Link5084 said:
I read on numerous websites that madworld has a forced update the first time you play it.
You mean you can't even select no?
What about if you use starfall to block updates?

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuber said:
wiiguy said:
Link5084 said:
What about if you use starfall to block updates?

3.3u is not supported by starfall

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall

Another question, if you guys know. Once updated to 4.0, will I be able to move my .wads (not bought from wiishop channel), to my SD and back? or will that create a problem?

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wiiguy said:
Cuber said:
No, you put the disc in, it states it will update, and you have to click 'yes'.

i had a backup of the ntsc version which worked fine (softmod) and then i got the PAL version, which worked fine. No mention of update and no update done. I do have starfall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X