Homebrew [QUESTION] New 3DS System Transfer and Ninjhax

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So, I got a New 3DS XL (9.0) and I want to do a system transfer from my 9.5 "old" 3DS. What can I do with Ninjhax what is permanent after the update? Or can I somehow transfer while retaining the Ninjhax capability?
Thanks in advance!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks! And what can I do before the transfer with Ninjhax that stays after the update? (For example the Play Coin hack)

Nothing, since your old 3DS is on FW 9.5, besides you have to update both consoles to 9.6 to do the system transffer (Sysnand to Sysnand).
Once done, you can't go back, You can't transffer N3DS to Old 3DS.

One thing you can do: Make a NAND Backup of your N3DS before you update to 9.6 (if you want that) this way if you ever gonna hardmod your N3DS you can always go back to 9.0

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. What can I do before the transfer on the N3DS that stays after the transfer? But thanks for the reply!

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
And if I can ask this here, what can be done in spider before I update? Can I have multiple golden Miis or other cool things? (I have done all the ARcheats for my games! :D )

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. What can I do before the transfer on the N3DS that stays after the transfer? But thanks for the reply!
As far as I know, playcoins and custom themes transfer, although if you want to keep the theme you need to make sure that you don't change the theme ever.

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
As far as I know, playcoins and custom themes transfer, although if you want to keep the theme you need to make sure that you don't change the theme ever.
Thanks! And installed CIAs don't transfer? I did Play Coins on my sister's N3DS. I can't live without Shuffle Favourites function, so I won't do custom themes.

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! And installed CIAs don't transfer? I did Play Coins on my sister's N3DS. I can't live without Shuffle Favourites function, so I won't do custom themes.
Any legitimately purchased CIA's should transfer, however, legit CIA's (the ones that can be installed on any system) don't transfer in my experience, as well as any that aren't properly signed. I've heard that preinstalled games only transfer if you linked a NNID to the console.

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Any legitimately purchased CIA's should transfer, however, legit CIA's (the ones that can be installed on any system) don't transfer in my experience, as well as any that aren't properly signed. I've heard that preinstalled games only transfer if you linked a NNID to the console.
Thanks again! Then I've got nothing to do, I already have 300 Play Coins on my Old 3DS. Do you think it's worth transfering?

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again! Then I've got nothing to do, I already have 300 Play Coins on my Old 3DS. Do you think it's worth transfering?
It depends. Do you ever want to use Ninjhax again? Or any modding? Because system transfer required both consoles to be updated to the latest version, so you will lose access to all current exploits.

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm infiltrating in this post for a question.

is not possible to do system transfer trough emunand, right?
I have successfully system transferred with rxTools. Sometimes it boots back to sysNAND, but retrying should work. Not sure if it works with Gateway emuNAND

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have successfully system transferred with rxTools. Sometimes it boots back to sysNAND, but retrying should work. Not sure if it works with Gateway emuNAND

So in fact we can have 2 3ds with the same installed games from the eshop, if we transfer trough emunand and then restore?

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So in fact we can have 2 3ds with the same installed games from the eshop, if we transfer trough emunand and then restore?
I think that should work, however, I think the eshop accounts are tied to the NNID, or console if you don't have NNID, and when you system transfer it transfers the software license/NNID to the new console. So the eshop accounts are separate and you won't be able to redownload on the original console. They stay on the original console if you restore emuNAND, but I think on the original console if you go online it may try to check the licenses and see that it has been transfered, so it will delete them on your original console. And since you can only have one console tied to an NNID, it may cause problems if you have 2 devices with one NNID. So it may only work if you keep your original 3DS completely offline.

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I transfer from 9.5 old 3DS to 9.0 N3DS using rxTools?
rxTools is for emuNAND. You need 9.2 or lower sysNAND for it to work. And yes you can transfer the emuNAND but it will need to be updated to 9.6 first, as will your new 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.