Hacking [QUESTION] N3DS XL PAL (Australian) is missing Nintendo Zone icon, anyway to add?

el_gonz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I recently purchased an N3DS XL PAL region from an Australian seller. It came on 11.0 firmware, but when I booted it for the first time and went through setup I noticed the Nintendo Zone icon was missing.

After hacking it, I check the titles.db and apps in FBI where it is present but just not on the home menu?

Is this a PAL region issue (could a europe console owner check theirs)? An Australian issue? Any way to add it to home screen?

Thanks in advanced.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

I recently purchased an N3DS XL PAL region from an Australian seller. It came on 11.0 firmware, but when I booted it for the first time and went through setup I noticed the Nintendo Zone icon was missing.

After hacking it, I check the titles.db and apps in FBI where it is present but just not on the home menu?

Is this a PAL region issue (could a europe console owner check theirs)? An Australian issue? Any way to add it to home screen?

Thanks in advanced.

You could use 3DNUS?

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't have Nintendo Zone in AU but it did appear on mine after running a streetpass relay for a few days

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want it? It doesn't do anything, it just pops up a message that the service has been discontinued.

el_gonz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
type in "FBI ticket installer" and it'll be on there..

Cool, I think it actually is installed but it is hidden by the system until it is "activated" at least that's how I read @genxor post

Cool, it seems it is installed but not initially visible as in other region 3DS but it can still be activated and in use once it meets the requirements such as spotpass replay or maybe in range of a zone.

Thanks to you both for the replies!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would you want it? It doesn't do anything, it just pops up a message that the service has been discontinued.

Huh, I thought it was still available: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/national-streetpass-holiday-edition

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guys the nintendo zone IS there. But it is hidden. Once you connect to a nintendo zone hotspot it will appear on your home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-