Hacking [Question] Is it safe to install haxchi?

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, im planing on buying a ds game to install haxchi but iv heard that if for some random god forsaken reason nintendo decides to release an update and also for some reason dns blocking doesnt work and the console gets updated it would get briked is that right? if it is, theres no way to block updates without using dns? i mean a more safe and permanent way to block them?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It,s safe to install haxchi as long as it,s not coldboot.
I think Nintendo deletes the hacked game or it becomes corrupted after an update.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't think Nintendo would able to detect Haxchi remotely, it would "see" just a DS game. They would need patch the vulnerabilities of all their DS games from now on and stop people getting more Haxchis, but that's pretty unlikely as they are in full swing for Switch. Maybe they could detect games installed through the brazillian method? Has they are not tied to your NNID but I don't know how they could do that.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo would able to detect Haxchi remotely, it would "see" just a DS game. They would need patch the vulnerabilities of all their DS games from now on and stop people getting more Haxchis, but that's pretty unlikely as they are in full swing for Switch. Maybe they could detect games installed through the brazillian method? Has they are not tied to your NNID but I don't know how they could do that.
They can,t detect Brazil exploit, because it uses disc tickets. They think a disc is inside.
Haxchi uses custom banner and everything lol, that,s why maybe they can fix it with an update.
The bad thing is that haxchi will require IOSU lol.
But the exploits are so hard to fix for Nintendo. They better keep focusing on the Switch.

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
But wait a min, i think u guys r getting away from my question lol, my question is is it true that i could get my wii u briked if my console get updated while having haxchi installed? and second is there a way to block updates after installing haxchi in a more secure way than just using dns? or router blocking

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wait a min, i think u guys r getting away from my question lol, my question is is it true that i could get my wii u briked if my console get updated while having haxchi installed? and second is there a way to block updates after installing haxchi in a more secure way than just using dns? or router blocking
I answered a few posts ago about it, what can happen after an update is that you either have to force delete the game or.it becomes corrupted.
For DNS blocking you can get the DNS numbers on loadiine.ovh .

Last edited by thekarter104,

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oh ic, so theres no way to block updates unless i do dns blocking or router blocking? i remember long time ago b4 even iosu was released that some guy posted a method to block updates by modifiying one of vWii cIOS or something like that, does anyone knows anything about that? cause i havent been able to find that post :-(

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ic, so theres no way to block updates unless i do dns blocking or router blocking? i remember long time ago b4 even iosu was released that some guy posted a method to block updates by modifiying one of vWii cIOS or something like that, does anyone knows anything about that? cause i havent been able to find that post :-(

Yeah, but that's the wrong way to block updates lol.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, by purposely breaking a working vWii IOS the system can't update lol, not sure if it works with every IOS (I guess only the ones the Wii U try to update). If you go this route you should make sure to have a clean copy of your vWii IOS.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well if i decided to go that way id made sure to make a backup first of all my vWii ios hehe, but id like to know if its true that i can block wii u updated that way safly without needing dns or if theres any other way to do it

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i also prefer CBHC but it isnt the safest method it is ture that it cant be overwritten or deleted or moved anymore while youre in cfw but a update by nintendo will probably mess up youre console pretty hard and if they dont install a clean system xml with the update it probably will brick.
So you have to set up a working and safe protection against updates if you use CBHC

Mocha is fine for people to not worry about updates all a update can do if you just use haxchi and mocha or a self compiled cfw is to stop homebrew for the moment

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
well if i decided to go that way id made sure to make a backup first of all my vWii ios hehe, but id like to know if its true that i can block wii u updated that way safly without needing dns or if theres any other way to do it
Yes, you won't be able to update your Wii U if it detects a defective vWii IOS, make sure you are in 5.5.1.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recomend Haxchi + Mocha to OP, Mocha isn't permanent.
What are the benefits of running mocha alongside Haxchi? With Haxchi, if I want HBL I launch it normally. If I want sigpatched sysnand, I hold 'b' while launching it. Of course I can also launch a fw.img by holding 'a'. I was under the impression that most people simply want sigpatches which can be achieved through Haxchi alone. Are there any added benefits to Mocha?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What are the benefits of running mocha alongside Haxchi? With Haxchi, if I want HBL I launch it normally. If I want sigpatched sysnand, I hold 'b' while launching it. Of course I can also launch a fw.img by holding 'a'. I was under the impression that most people simply want sigpatches which can be achieved through Haxchi alone. Are there any added benefits to Mocha?
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I use Mocha for sigpatches.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
haxchi is offline exploit.. has no patches or cfw type benefits.. if you want patches eith load mocha , or a custom fw.img or cbhc or one of the sigpatch elfs..

so yeah no cbhc installed easiest method is mocha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2