Hacking [Question] How to save icon/tile positions in Emunand?

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have emunand on 9.2 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shut down or reboot. Is this normal?

HateMondays

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
360voice.gamerdna.com
XP
Country
I have emunand on 9.2 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shut down or reboot. Is this normal?

Not 100% sure but i believe you can remove the SD Card from the 3DS and format the system nand to separate it from the emunand.

You could also try re-arranging the icons while in system nand. I had the problem of games moving out of folder in emunand which stopped when i put them in identical folders on both nands.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow i just asked this in the NOOB PARADISE thread LOL
I'm having same problem
Does my SysNand have the same icons as my EmuNand? I've never notice that LOL

HateMondays

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
360voice.gamerdna.com
XP
Country
Wow i just asked this in the NOOB PARADISE thread LOL
I'm having same problem
Does my SysNand have the same icons as my EmuNand? I've never notice that LOL

When i re-downloaded Super Mario 3D Land on my emunand from the e-shop it reappeared on my sys nand as well.

Not sure if all icons appear but like i said i believe formatting the 3DS with the SD card inserted will unlick the two.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Your sysNAND is booting and when it does it always loads ALL your apps from emuNAND or otherwise. You can't launch them, but they DO load, they ARE listed. When an app's position in emuNAND overlaps with something on sysNAND, or when the app is inside a folder that has no counterpart on the sysNAND or is otherwise not in the exact same spot, the sysNAND resets the app's position. Since you always have to boot sysNAND, this continues to happen.

Separate your profiles on the sysNAND and emuNAND by doing this:

1. Power off
2. Remove SD card
3. Power on
4. Go to sysNAND's config and FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY
5. Power off
6. Reinsert the SD card
7. Power on
8. Reinstall the profile exploit

SysNAND will show a popup that it is creating SD card data. It will make a separate folder in your SD\Nintendo 3DS folder\<32-character hex value>. Your sysNAND and emuNAND will now be completely separate. Icons will no longer disappear. Apps will no longer need unwrapping after boot. Going into Data Management on sysNAND will also not delete emuNAND apps anymore.

Notes:

1. You will lose all your stuff on sysNAND
2. Your wifi profiles will be blank again, making them vulnerable to overwrites from emuNAND and potentially bringing the console online to update. Set new fake profiles.
3. Your sysNAND friend code will be gone, and when - and if - you ever go online it will generate a completely new code.
4. A lot of apps or savegames that may have been interchangable between sysNAND and emuNAND will no longer be so.

When to avoid: when for some reason you actually care about the stuff on your sysNAND.
When to do: any other scenario.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your sysNAND is booting and when it does it always loads ALL your apps from emuNAND or otherwise. You can't launch them, but they DO load, they ARE listed. When an app's position in emuNAND overlaps with something on sysNAND, or when the app is inside a folder that has no counterpart on the sysNAND or is otherwise not in the exact same spot, the sysNAND resets the app's position. Since you always have to boot sysNAND, this continues to happen.

1. Power off
2. Remove SD card
3. Power on
5. Power off
6. Reinsert the SD card
7. Power on

SysNAND will show a popup that it is creating SD card data. It will make a separate folder in your SD\Nintendo 3DS folder\<32-character hex value>. Your sysNAND and emuNAND will now be completely separate. Icons will no longer disappear. Apps will no longer need unwrapping after boot. Going into Data Management on sysNAND will also not delete emuNAND apps anymore.

Notes:

2. Your wifi profiles will be blank again, making them vulnerable to overwrites from emuNAND and potentially bringing the console online to update. Set new fake profiles.
3. Your sysNAND friend code will be gone, and when - and if - you ever go online it will generate a completely new code.
4. A lot of apps or savegames that may have been interchangable between sysNAND and emuNAND will no longer be so.

When to avoid: when for some reason you actually care about the stuff on your sysNAND.

Thanks I will try this

DarkShadowSwE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this have to be done every time you install something new on emuNAND?, cuz if sysNAND creates its data after i put the SD card back in they should be perm unlinked?

Omar Abdalrazaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

1. Power off
2. Remove SD card
3. Power on
5. Power off
6. Reinsert the SD card
7. Power on

Notes:

ok thanks for this info but i can't boot gw mod any more plz help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...