Hardware O3DS not Booting to the Normal Menu

Samushle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3ds that turns on, it has the blue light, but it does not go to the normal screen. It is a Japanese console. The 3d light turns on, and so does the internet light on the side. When you try to power it off both screens will turn on to ask if you want to shut the console down. After that showed up I pressed the home button and it just froze after that and would not do anything else.

Does anyone know if there is any way to fix the console back to normal?
Post automatically merged:

Here is a video showing what I said in the post

As far as I know it is not modded, and does not have a SD card inserted

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a old 3ds that turns on, it has the blue light, but it does not go to the normal screen. It is a Japanese console. The 3d light turns on, and so does the internet light on the side. When you try to power it off both screens will turn on to ask if you want to shut the console down. After that showed up I pressed the home button and it just froze after that and would not do anything else.

Does anyone know if there is any way to fix the console back to normal?

Here is a video showing what I said in the post
View attachment 384862

As far as I know it is not modded, and does not have a SD card inserted
Could you try to attempt a safe mode update, and delete the extdata and theme data?

1. Navigate to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
  2. Delete the corresponding folder for your region:USA: 0000008f EUR: 00000098 JPN: 00000082 KOR: 000000A9
  3. Delete the corresponding folder for your region:USA: 000002cd EUR: 000002ce JPN: 000002cc

Samushle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try to attempt a safe mode update, and delete the extdata and theme data?

1. Navigate to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
  2. Delete the corresponding folder for your region:USA: 0000008f EUR: 00000098 JPN: 00000082 KOR: 000000A9
  3. Delete the corresponding folder for your region:USA: 000002cd EUR: 000002ce JPN: 000002cc
There is no SD card for me to try this on...

Samushle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well when I got the console there was no SD card.
Is there any way to reset the console completely back to it's original state without the SD card? I have an extra SD card but when I put it in the 3ds and turned it on, nothing happened and there were also no files when I checked on my computer afterward.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, well when I got the console there was no SD card.
Is there any way to reset the console completely back to it's original state without the SD card? I have an extra SD card but when I put it in the 3ds and turned it on, nothing happened and there were also no files when I checked on my computer afterward.
Put the luma boot file on the root of the sd card. You're going to need an sd card in order to get to the home menu. Nowadays you can install luma on nand so when there's no sd card the console still boots

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps