[Question] How to save icon/tile positions in Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by quantumboy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. quantumboy
    OP

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    I have emunand on 9.2 US. And I rearranged icons/tiles on the home screen, but no matter what I do I can't get it to save the position after I shut down or reboot. Is this normal?

2. kamo

kamo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Italy
    It's happening to me too. Pretty annoying.

3. HateMondays

HateMondays Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Bournemouth
    Not 100% sure but i believe you can remove the SD Card from the 3DS and format the system nand to separate it from the emunand.

You could also try re-arranging the icons while in system nand. I had the problem of games moving out of folder in emunand which stopped when i put them in identical folders on both nands.

4. laurorual

laurorual GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Salvador - BA
    Wow i just asked this in the NOOB PARADISE thread LOL
    I'm having same problem
    Does my SysNand have the same icons as my EmuNand? I've never notice that LOL

5. HateMondays

HateMondays Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Bournemouth
    When i re-downloaded Super Mario 3D Land on my emunand from the e-shop it reappeared on my sys nand as well.

Not sure if all icons appear but like i said i believe formatting the 3DS with the SD card inserted will unlick the two.

6. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Your sysNAND is booting and when it does it always loads ALL your apps from emuNAND or otherwise. You can't launch them, but they DO load, they ARE listed. When an app's position in emuNAND overlaps with something on sysNAND, or when the app is inside a folder that has no counterpart on the sysNAND or is otherwise not in the exact same spot, the sysNAND resets the app's position. Since you always have to boot sysNAND, this continues to happen.

Separate your profiles on the sysNAND and emuNAND by doing this:

1. Power off
    2. Remove SD card
    3. Power on
    4. Go to sysNAND's config and FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY
    5. Power off
    6. Reinsert the SD card
    7. Power on
    8. Reinstall the profile exploit

SysNAND will show a popup that it is creating SD card data. It will make a separate folder in your SD\Nintendo 3DS folder\<32-character hex value>. Your sysNAND and emuNAND will now be completely separate. Icons will no longer disappear. Apps will no longer need unwrapping after boot. Going into Data Management on sysNAND will also not delete emuNAND apps anymore.

Notes:

1. You will lose all your stuff on sysNAND
    2. Your wifi profiles will be blank again, making them vulnerable to overwrites from emuNAND and potentially bringing the console online to update. Set new fake profiles.
    3. Your sysNAND friend code will be gone, and when - and if - you ever go online it will generate a completely new code.
    4. A lot of apps or savegames that may have been interchangable between sysNAND and emuNAND will no longer be so.

When to avoid: when for some reason you actually care about the stuff on your sysNAND.
    When to do: any other scenario.

7. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    + the way to decrypt SD data with CTR Decryptor would be lost.

Huntereb likes this.
  8. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    For sysNAND or emuNAND? And why? They use completely different folders now. Does this mean I can't decrypt my emuNAND saves anymore?

9. quantumboy
    OP

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks I will try this

10. DarkShadowSwE

DarkShadowSwE Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2009
    Does this have to be done every time you install something new on emuNAND?, cuz if sysNAND creates its data after i put the SD card back in they should be perm unlinked?

11. Rulesless

Rulesless Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2014
    Italy
    Which saves or data, exactly, are stored in sysNanad?

12. Omar Abdalrazaq

Omar Abdalrazaq Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2014
    Baghdad, Iraq
    ok thanks for this info but i can't boot gw mod any more plz help.

13. Omar Abdalrazaq

Omar Abdalrazaq Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2014
    Baghdad, Iraq
    my fault ((8. Reinstall the profile exploit)) yes i use blue card to install exploit and now its work thanks.