Homebrew [Question/Curiosity] Encryption

meinhard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i was curious about the encryption and hashes check and I would like to have some technical informations...i tried to search for answer but i found a lot of unclear info, so i just ask here:
-downloading an update from official server, WHEN encryption and signature verification takes place? (When downloading from nintendo server? when installing?)
-update files hashes are unique (generated by server and based on your console id) or are the same for all consoles? And which algorithm is used (sha, md5...)?
- how do the <9.2 signature patches work? (Simple bypass?)
(Sorry for my poor English, i hope my questions are understandable :D )

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, i was curious about the encryption and hashes check and I would like to have some technical informations...i tried to search for answer but i found a lot of unclear info, so i just ask here:
-downloading an update from official server, WHEN encryption and signature verification takes place? (When downloading from nintendo server? when installing?)
-update files hashes are unique (generated by server and based on your console id) or are the same for all consoles? And which algorithm is used (sha, md5...)?
- how do the <9.2 signature patches work? (Simple bypass?)
(Sorry for my poor English, i hope my questions are understandable :D )
Encryption is done by Nintendo servers. Signature verification and decryption happens on the 3DS.
The update files signatures are the same for all consoles. These are done in RSA-2048.
I think that the signpatch is just a simple bypass, by returning true to signchecks.

Reactions: meinhard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...