ROM Hack [Question] can you connect TWiLight Menu++ on the 3ds to the internet to play Ds games online ?

mirelia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing goldeneye 007 and I wanted to try if I could play online, I go to the thing that is for searching global matches and it says that there are no compatible access points, and I see that the little icon of wifi is red so no wifi, so I go and try to find a way to connect to the internet, and there was a option on the menu of goldeneye 007 to configure your internet connection, and I tap on search for accespoint and it said that the access pints security settings are not suported by the nintendo DS. is there any way to connect to the internet and play online on DS emulator of TWiLight Menu++, and if there is, how it can be done?

JakBlakk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone can correct me if im wrong but DS only supports WEP so you would need to setup a dedicated wifi using wep or open just for your 3ds while using TW++ Some routers have a guest option that may make this easy. that would be to get online, whether or not the games will work to find mp Im not sure.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Using nds-constrain't, you can play DS games online, whether physical, through a flashcart, or via nds-bootstrap.
The message above mine is accurate that you need a WEP-encrypted network, though I'm pretty sure a select few later NDS titles that are DSi Enhanced can connect to WPA-encrypted access points as well.

It should also be noted that TWLMenu++ is not an emulator, it runs NDS games natively via nds-bootstrap.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using nds-constrain't, you can play DS games online, whether physical, through a flashcart, or via nds-bootstrap.
The message above mine is accurate that you need a WEP-encrypted network, though I'm pretty sure a select few later NDS titles that are DSi Enhanced can connect to WPA-encrypted access points as well.

It should also be noted that TWLMenu++ is not an emulator, it runs NDS games natively via nds-bootstrap.

Is that server different from Wiimmfi? If i use their DNS?

Krired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do I just change the DNS on the main system settings?
You change the DNS settings while inside the game. For example in Mario Kart DS when trying to play online for the first time it will ask you to configure a network, after setting it up, it says it can't connect to the Nintendo WFC servers. After that you change the DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*