Hacking Question about YSmenu on R4

Heartless141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i have some question on YSmenu ( havent tried it yet )
it replace R4 firmware right ?

so hows the menu layouts and themes like?

and finally, does the cheat.dat show up fully on it? or i still have to dellete some cheat i dont need?

thanks in advance

Heartless141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so i gotta make my own themes then?

i still dont get it, if i dont have to make it replace R4 firmware, then its a .nds boot? or can you switch between em?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Heartless141 said:
so i gotta make my own themes then?

i still dont get it, if i dont have to make it replace R4 firmware, then its a .nds boot? or can you switch between em?

The R4 don't really have a "firmware", its more like a loader. The R4 firmware is just a encrypted NDS file. Its possible to decrypt it and run it as a .nds file. The same can be does with YSMenu, you can encrypt the NDS file and use it as a firmware for the R4 or run it as a .ds file. Though I suggest using it as a firmware since the R4 firmware is extremely buggy and only has a 90% compatibility rate.

Heartless141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
thanks narin
biggrin.gif
im using the r4ysauto right now to put YSmenu on.
problem solved ( well, almost, except now i gotta look for how to make the R4 loader into a .nds )

smile.gif
thanks again

Now i have this error while trying to load Ouendan 2, it say something about the ttreset.dat fail and cant patch ( i checked and there is a file named ttreset.dat there )
anyone have solution for this?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a TTMenu folder?

~Edit~
Narin - most if not all of the games I run on the original R4 Fw works fine,(cept that sonic rpg game but it sucked so wasn't worth fixing) lol,if there was a way to make ysmenu look excatly like the R4 loader then I might be tempted to use it as the orig. FW,sadly it's a shame you can only have 1 theme while using ysmenu......

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heartless141 said:
thanks narin
biggrin.gif
im using the r4ysauto right now to put YSmenu on.
problem solved ( well, almost, except now i gotta look for how to make the R4 loader into a .nds )

smile.gif
thanks again

Now i have this error while trying to load Ouendan 2, it say something about the ttreset.dat fail and cant patch ( i checked and there is a file named ttreset.dat there )
anyone have solution for this?
I got that problem trying to load Phoenix Wright one time. There are two solutions
Quick: Underneath the game, there is a checkbox for "reset." Just uncheck that.
Option 2: This solved it for me. Change the "YSMenu" folder to "TTMenu"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head