Hacking Question about Wii u files.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a lot of people making back ups of games to use in backup loaders or for hacking and mods and such. So i was wondering if anyone has come across any playable audio files? I Have foobar2000 And i usually rip my Gamecube, Wii, PSP games and other disc based games from iso to find any audio files i can play and listen to in my foobar2000 player like BRSTM for smash bros or RAS from Donkey kong country returns, or even ADX in xenoblade chronicles.

If anyone come across any usable audio files that can be played in foobar like the ones i mentioned. Can you list what game and the file type it is please? I don't have many games to back up and check myself and i just was curious. This is only for wii u games. Disc or download, not Virtual console. I already can get audio files from those games.:)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
There is BFWAV, which is used in NSMBU for music, and used in MK8 for sfx.

There're currently no tools to create BFWAVs so no custom NSMBU music for a while. :(

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious, as to if any of them worked with foobar2000 seeing how i used to rip wii disc files to listen to in that. So if anyone can see if they work it be nice to just least have a list of WII U game audio files, what format it is in, and if it plays in foobar2000 or not. :)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foobar2000 can already play BFWAV and BFSTM files. :)
Okay, and which games have those files? I'll update the OP later with this info.:D

The problem with some of this is that I know how because of update content and DLC, that add new content to games that isn't on disc may be hard to actually get the data from. Since is not on disc. Unless there is a way to dump DLC or Update data then i guess no problem.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
All Mario games (and other games maybe?) use BFWAV for sound effects (sfx).

NSMBU also uses it for music.

IIRC most Wii U games use BFSTM for music.

Last edited by AboodXD,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDGE and Rush have .ogg files which you can easily play
Thank you i'll add those games to the list when i get the chance. :)

The format should be

Game
Form either retail or digital only or update or dlc
Then file format for audio.
and then if it can play in a audio player. (I mostly suggest foobar2000 for the fact is actually can use native game files like ADX, brstm, and RAS or whatever without any modification.) But then i guess if any additonal steps are required then can also list like extracting a archive file or whatever.

As long as it plays well, and has looping infinite properly that is all i am concerned with to be honest.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried this foobar200 player but I couldn't convince Audacity to do it - vgmstream does some header magic afaik.
Oh i see, I thought you were talking about a tool, you meant a audio player plugin. Of course Foobar2000 has VGMSTREAM support, is gawdlike that way. Plays every kind of format. NES, SNES master system, Genesis, Gameboy, Game gear, GBA, NDS, Gamecube, Wii, PSX, PSX2 XBOX. (Dunno about ps3 or xbox 360) Never rip a bluray disc for data. :P

Sonic rush sound track all day and night. :D

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night