Gaming Question about Wii Accessories

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to finaly get a Wii in the next 2 weeks. I want to know what accessories is a must have. I already know that I'm getting another control and nunchuck so me and my brother can play together. And I know that I have to get a memory card if I plan on saving my games, right? Or is the memory card for when you download the older games? And is it a special kind of memory card or can I just buy a regular SD card? I already have a wireless router so I should be good as far as getting online and playing people. is there anything else I'm missing?

bm_attar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don;t need a memory card to save Wii games. If u plan to play GameCube games, you will need a GameCube memory card.

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don;t need a memory card to save Wii games. If u plan to play GameCube games, you will need a GameCube memory card.

Ohh, ok. Thanks. So I will just hold off for a while from buying a memory card then. I still have 1 memory card from my GC so i'm set with that.

Is the Wii memory card a special kind of memory card or can I just buy a regular SD card?

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just any SD card works up to 2 gig. I have a 1gb Kingston in there now that i got for $15USD from newegg.com so they aren't expensive(unlike the $35USD for the Wii SD card). If you have or plan on getting Excite Truck(i suggest you do if you like arcade racers) you can play mp3s off of the sd during the race, which is the only reason i got the sd for my Wii. Other than that, one or two Classic Controllers are required for some Virtual Console games(the old ones you were referring to). Stuff like Street Fighter II and others titles(especially the SNES games) feel more "at home" using the CC than the Gamecube one.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that true? I thought you could either use the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller on the games that required more than 2 buttons and a D pad.

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is that true? I thought you could either use the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller on the games that required more than 2 buttons and a D pad.

You can see which controllers are compatible with which games in the Wii Shop Channel. Usually both the Classic Controller and the Gamecube Controller work with most games, but be sure to check first.
smile.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And I know that I have to get a memory card if I plan on saving my games, right? Or is the memory card for when you download the older games? And is it a special kind of memory card or can I just buy a regular SD card?

The Wii has 512MB of internal memory for game saves and for storing VC games. If you want more storage for game saves and VC games, then you can use any standard SD card, and if you have one, they allow for added extras in some games (like the aforementioned "using your own MP3s in Excite Truck", and likely some functionality in yet to be released games).

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now the classic controller is ubiquitous (meaning: unnecessary) because there's nothing the classic controller can do that the gamecube controller can do, but there are things the gamecube controller can do the classic controller can't.

I bought one anyway.

If you have a High Def or even extended definition TV, I would highly recommend getting component cables. It's pretty easy to find them nowadays. Wal*Mart carries a 3rd party component cable for $20, which is much cheaper than the Nintendo brand. Or you can buy the really cheap one from www.play-asia.com for about $14 after shipping, but it'll take about 10 days to get to you due to overseas shipping time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1