Question about the CFW settings

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DeMoN, Jul 17, 2012.

Jul 17, 2012
  1. DeMoN
    OP

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    So i've noticed that there are many settings and that the default options don't always seem to be the best. For example, I had to set the CPU speed to the highest 333/166 (or something like that), otherwise my GTA: Liberty City would lag.
    I'm just wondering what other settings I should change. I have a PSP Go.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The default settings are the original behavior. If a PSP game was lagging at the default clock rate, something's wrong with the unit/software. Try an ISO instead of a CSO, first.

EDIT: There ARE some games that were built too demanding and so have an option to clock the rate up to 333mhz, but that's usually in the game's settings (along with the warning that it eats battery life), and AFAIK only a few late-game titles like the kingdom hearts one had that option.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The GTA games are amongst the laggiest going....it's impossible to judge performance accurately using them...one things for sure though, they'll run like crap if you have them CSO'd.

4. DeMoN
    OP

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I read online that the PSP Go has problems with the GTA games lagging, so much that players have petitioned to get the games taken off the PSN store.
    I'll change it back to default then, but I swear it seemed to have made a difference...

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Oh I'm not claiming it won't make a difference (it definitely does for things that need it), my concern was that older games shouldn't need it.
    (Wasn't aware of the GTA issue with the Go).