Homebrew Question about the browser exploit.

HAMMARZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the browser to access a file stored on the 3DS sd card?

Just wondering because it'd be convenient to store the sites that launch code directly on the SD card, and I'm not exactly sure what the SD card's path would be from the browser.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wondered this too, as it'd be easier to put SD://exploit-go.html for when you're offline, although i'm sure someone would have mentioned it before with all the android launchers and stuff we have.

NKO18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wondered this too, as it'd be easier to put SD://exploit-go.html for when you're offline, although i'm sure someone would have mentioned it before with all the android launchers and stuff we have.
The Mii maker exploit is likely to come out soon and make the browser exploit obsolete anyway though, right? I hope so anyway, needing an internet connection to start an already fickle mod mode is a deal breaker for me since the whole point is to use the thing on the go, where I don't have reliable internet.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the browser to access a file stored on the 3DS sd card?

Just wondering because it'd be convenient to store the sites that launch code directly on the SD card, and I'm not exactly sure what the SD card's path would be from the browser.

I'd imagine, seeing as how the exploit turns ASM ROP into a binary file, which is then turned into JavaScript. The binary goes on your SD, and the JavaScript is hosted.

I was looking into attempting to load files via the SD, and it doesn't accept anything without http:// before it.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd imagine, seeing as how the exploit turns ASM ROP into a binary file, which is then turned into JavaScript. The binary goes on your SD, and the JavaScript is hosted.

I was looking into attempting to load files via the SD, and it doesn't accept anything without http:// before it.

Can't be arsed to look around the threads, but when the exploit first appeared people already started talking about it. It's impossible, the browser won't allow it, at all.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To which do you mean?

The browser is written in such a way that it's literally impossible to load a html file from an SD card. The only time the browser gets access to SD, is when you try to download/upload a file, in which case it launches photo album and lets you choose a picture.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser is written in such a way that it's literally impossible to load a html file from an SD card. The only time the browser gets access to SD, is when you try to download/upload a file, in which case it launches photo album and lets you choose a picture.

Ah, wonderful explanation, friend.

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mii maker exploit is likely to come out soon and make the browser exploit obsolete anyway though, right? I hope so anyway, needing an internet connection to start an already fickle mod mode is a deal breaker for me since the whole point is to use the thing on the go, where I don't have reliable internet.

Mii maker exploit? Da fuq? What is that supposed to be?

NKO18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mii maker exploit? Da fuq? What is that supposed to be?

They talk about it a bit here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-0-ultra.378041/page-71 but there's not a ton of info, It was rumored to be the method to get gateway working on 9.2 but that wasn't right, now it's rumored to be the method to get it working on new 3ds since supposedly the web browser exploit can't even work at all on n3ds.

When the video of the Gateway working on N3DS was realeased, with SonyUSA being the suspected user, talk of a Mii exploit drifted around. No one is unsure of where it came from EXACTLY, but it was speculated to be scrapped because of talk that it broke games that include Mii's.

NKO18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the video of the Gateway working on N3DS was realeased, with SonyUSA being the suspected user, talk of a Mii exploit drifted around. No one is unsure of where it came from EXACTLY, but it was speculated to be scrapped because of talk that it broke games that include Mii's.
Really? dang, so as of now there's no concept for using a new 3ds with an offline exploit? I'm in the market for one now so I guess I'll just get the original one so I can downgrade and use the offline DS profile exploit on it. :/ I'm upgrading from a 2ds because it won't let you downgrade on those, so any 3d model's a step up anyway.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0