Question about Switch games and optimization...

Joeynator3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over on Steam, oftentimes I see people creating huge mods that involve better optimization to get the game running better. For Switch, only thing I see are better resolutions and framerates...overclocking and stuff.

Is it not possible to do optimization mods on Switch? Because honestly, some devs out there will release their game and be like "alright, we're done forever, see ya!" or something, despite the game having some issues with loading and framerates, stuff like that. Best example I can think of right now is Rune Factory 5, a game that ORIGINALLY released early last year around this time for Japan. You'd think they would've fixed these issues, but...nope.

If it's not possible, or requires over-clocking, then ah well...Figured I would ask anyways...or bring it up or something.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe in theory, but in practice Switch modding is far less accessible than PC modding, so there's not going to be nearly as many people trying to do performance-enhancing mods for it. That and I'd assume the Switch is a lot more limited than PC is, in terms of what kinds of modifications can be done to games (without going too far into reverse-engineering and whatnot, at least.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over on Steam, oftentimes I see people creating huge mods that involve better optimization to get the game running better. For Switch, only thing I see are better resolutions and framerates...overclocking and stuff.

Is it not possible to do optimization mods on Switch? Because honestly, some devs out there will release their game and be like "alright, we're done forever, see ya!" or something, despite the game having some issues with loading and framerates, stuff like that. Best example I can think of right now is Rune Factory 5, a game that ORIGINALLY released early last year around this time for Japan. You'd think they would've fixed these issues, but...nope.

If it's not possible, or requires over-clocking, then ah well...Figured I would ask anyways...or bring it up or something.
Its easier to make mods for computer games versus Switch games because computer games are in a much easier format to deal with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw