martin88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone confirm if this is true:
QUOTE said:
A game and its save file patched/sent with one version of EZ4 Client has to stay together for it to work.

For example if you have the save created from older version of EZ4 Client, that save will ONLY work with the game patched by that same version of EZ4 Client.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A game and its save file patched/sent with one version of EZ4 Client has to stay together for it to work.

For example if you have the save created from older version of EZ4 Client, that save will ONLY work with the game patched by that same version of EZ4 Client.

Good question... I would like to know too.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ive had this experience...i had a save file for phoenix wright from my ez2..and when i sent it over to the microSD card for my ez4L phoenix wright told me the save was corrupted and it had to dlt the data lol..o well i didnt really care too much

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ive had this experience...i had a save file for phoenix wright from my ez2..and when i sent it over to the microSD card for my ez4L phoenix wright told me the save was corrupted and it had to dlt the data lol..o well i didnt really care too much

I think they are talking about from EZ4 -> EZ4, just with different client versions.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only know this much:
I copied my save files from mario and luigi and NSMB on my M3 and renamed them and stuck them in my EZ4 Lite.
They work no problem even though the M3 save files were 257KB Vs the EZ4's 256KB saves.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:

It's possible if the patching routines have been updated substantially, but unless there's a big gap I doubt there'll be a problem. I've used the same save file with multiple versions of the loader/client before and it's worked just fine. I just wanna know how to get my flash-cart patched NSMB save to work on my EZ4.
smile.gif

Oh, and by the way, the saves aren't always 256KB in size - I've noticed a couple that are 32KB.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The size of the save is determined by what type it is from what I can tell. EEPROM's are 32k and and flash are 256k (or maybe I have that backwards, I can't be bothered to check right now.)
smile.gif

There was an update of the client that broke saves for me. I don't recall which update it was, I think it was one of the ones in which to use the newest loader one had to repatch their games w/ the latest client.

W/ any luck whatever caused them to change how the saves were handled is "fixed" and another "update" won't be needed that breaks saves.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: why we saying hello again for?