Gaming Question about region lock and fake games on jpn dsi xl

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello all, I have Japanese dsi with unlaunch and twilightmenu++ menu installed.

Would all Europe DS&DSi games work on it?
I heard that dsi region locked, but ds games would work fine.
How about dsi games then, with unlaunch and twilightmenu++ they become region free?
If not, is there a workaround?

Another question about language in games.
Some Europe games have Japanese in cartridge, would they run on English or Japanese?

Now how do work fake games on dsi?
They all not work or some copies run? (Want to get legit Europe games.)
Does unlaunch and twilightmenu++ make them run?

Another question about 3ds and fake games I guess. I have EUR 3ds and it's with Luma3ds installed. Region-locked?
Does fake games work on it or like on dsi there a protection?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DSi enhanced carts (they have TWL printed on) can be region locked. Unlaunch disables such restrictions.
Mostl DS(i) games start with the language selected for the DS(i) menu (and fall back to English if the selected language is not on the game). However, this depends on the game. If the menu is Japanese and the game has Japanese it will likely not fall back to English. Try it. When starting games with TWiLight Menu++ the language reported to the game can be adjusted.

I don't know what you mean with "fake games"?? Flashcarts, even old ones, should work with unlaunch and TWiLight Menu++ and most DS ROMs (I guess virtually all by now) can be run right from the console SD with TWL++.

Luma3DS disables all the region nonsense as well. A stock 2|3DS will not even acknowledge the presence of an out-of-region game and show no symbol. For some 3DS games some additional settings might be needed. Don't know about this… there is a LumaLocaleSwitcher and a bit explanation here (CTRL+F Locale Emulation). If a 3DS game does not work you should find help on the forum.

Good luck and have fun!

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
DSi enhanced carts (they have TWL printed on) can be region locked. Unlaunch disables such restrictions.
Mostl DS(i) games start with the language selected for the DS(i) menu (and fall back to English if the selected language is not on the game). However, this depends on the game. If the menu is Japanese and the game has Japanese it will likely not fall back to English. Try it. When starting games with TWiLight Menu++ the language reported to the game can be adjusted.

I don't know what you mean with "fake games"?? Flashcarts, even old ones, should work with unlaunch and TWiLight Menu++ and most DS ROMs (I guess virtually all by now) can be run right from the console SD with TWL++.

Luma3DS disables all the region nonsense as well. A stock 2|3DS will not even acknowledge the presence of an out-of-region game and show no symbol. For some 3DS games some additional settings might be needed. Don't know about this… there is a LumaLocaleSwitcher and a bit explanation here (CTRL+F Locale Emulation). If a 3DS game does not work you should find help on the forum.

Good luck and have fun!
Fake games - I mean china clones that can be easy spotted on ebay\aliexpress

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app