Hacking Question about Pokemon Y/X dump

Alessandro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I would like to dump my Pokemon Y cartridge and edit its save. I have got a 4.5 3ds and Gateway with 2.6 and Emunand 9.2.0. I also have installed Dev Menu and Save Data Filer. What do I have to do in order to reach my purpose? Do I only have to dump the cartridge with the Gateway feature provided and then export the save from the rom and edit it? Or do I also must to dump the save? I think only the first option, because it's a card-2 game, but I'm not sure... Are there any risks when dumping the game? Could I lose the save?
Thanks in advance

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I would like to dump my Pokemon Y cartridge and edit its save. I have got a 4.5 3ds and Gateway with 2.6 and Emunand 9.2.0. I also have installed Dev Menu and Save Data Filer. What do I have to do in order to reach my purpose? Do I only have to dump the cartridge with the Gateway feature provided and then export the save from the rom and edit it? Or do I also must to dump the save? I think only the first option, because it's a card-2 game, but I'm not sure... Are there any risks when dumping the game? Could I lose the save?
Thanks in advance

You'd need to properly convert the rom to the CIA format. Once it's installed your SD card, SaveDataFiler will have access to it. You need to be in Gateway mode for this to work, XY can't save on the leaked CFW and won't boot in classic mode.

EDIT: use this rsf https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-43#post-5148711

Alessandro98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Couldn't I only select it in the emunand from the multi-rom menu? Then it will be recognised like a normal cartridge

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it works for card2 games as the save is loaded with the rom....so it can be seen by other programs........but card1 saves are only loaded up by the gateway card as you launch the game, and its unloaded once you exit the game.....so unless gateway change that so the save is loaded once the roms selected we cant use card1 saves with SDF

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works for card2 games as the save is loaded with the rom....so it can be seen by other programs........but card1 saves are only loaded up by the gateway card as you launch the game, and its unloaded once you exit the game.....so unless gateway change that so the save is loaded once the roms selected we cant use card1 saves with SDF

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't I only select it in the emunand from the multi-rom menu? Then it will be recognised like a normal cartridge
Yes, you can do it from the select menu, thats how i do it..

SaveDataFiler sees all Gateway "Cartridge" saves as broken saves.
You're probably not using the right crypto
With SaveDataFiler? o.o Mine always show up broken, but if it works for you, I guess it's just me.
GW still uses 2.x crypto due to the fact they cant get 6.x saves to work yet, so the save has to be before 6.x save crypto or a 'gateway save'

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW still uses 2.x crypto due to the fact they cant get 6.x saves to work yet, so the save has to be before 6.x save crypto or a 'gateway save'

Well, I know that. I meant roms from the Gateway card didn't show up. I had no idea Card2 games showed up. I would never put my Retail games in this 3DS, unless they're foreign.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes, you can do it from the select menu, thats how i do it..

You're probably not using the right crypto

gateway are actually using a mash up of 2.x encryption and 6.x encryption afaik (if you edit a rom to use 2.x encryption then edit it to use 6.x the saves will not be compatible which suggest whilst its not proper 6.x, its also not plain old 2.x), also all card1 games will have their saves seen as "broken" as they are not loaded until the game loads

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, thats odd, even roms i've completely screwed up still at show up lol.

SaveDataFiler, right? All of 'em show up as broken for me, only installed CIAs work. I haven't tried any Card2 games yet, but I'll check after some messing around with my X RomFS

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway are actually using a mash up of 2.x encryption and 6.x encryption, not just plain 2.x, also all card1 games will have their saves seen as "broken" as they are not loaded until the game loads

Oh, I thought it was just 2.x. You learn something new everyday.

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all for helping me, I've a last question, are there many risks of losing save data when dumping the cartridge?

If it was being played on Gateway Classic Mode, no. If the cart is from a separate 3ds not on 4.5, then the save will get corrupted when trying to load it via gateway. No damage will be done to the cart in any case though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.