Question about Pokemon Y/X dump

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alessandro98, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Alessandro98
    OP

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Hi all, I would like to dump my Pokemon Y cartridge and edit its save. I have got a 4.5 3ds and Gateway with 2.6 and Emunand 9.2.0. I also have installed Dev Menu and Save Data Filer. What do I have to do in order to reach my purpose? Do I only have to dump the cartridge with the Gateway feature provided and then export the save from the rom and edit it? Or do I also must to dump the save? I think only the first option, because it's a card-2 game, but I'm not sure... Are there any risks when dumping the game? Could I lose the save?
    Thanks in advance

2. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    You'd need to properly convert the rom to the CIA format. Once it's installed your SD card, SaveDataFiler will have access to it. You need to be in Gateway mode for this to work, XY can't save on the leaked CFW and won't boot in classic mode.

EDIT: use this rsf https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-43#post-5148711

3. Alessandro98
    OP

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Couldn't I only select it in the emunand from the multi-rom menu? Then it will be recognised like a normal cartridge

4. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    SaveDataFiler sees all Gateway "Cartridge" saves as broken saves.

5. Alessandro98
    OP

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Are you sure? I've just edited a Pokemon Y community save...

6. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    With SaveDataFiler? o.o Mine always show up broken, but if it works for you, I guess it's just me.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    it works for card2 games as the save is loaded with the rom....so it can be seen by other programs........but card1 saves are only loaded up by the gateway card as you launch the game, and its unloaded once you exit the game.....so unless gateway change that so the save is loaded once the roms selected we cant use card1 saves with SDF

8. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    Ah okay, that makes sense.

9. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    Yes, you can do it from the select menu, thats how i do it..

You're probably not using the right crypto
    GW still uses 2.x crypto due to the fact they cant get 6.x saves to work yet, so the save has to be before 6.x save crypto or a 'gateway save'

10. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    Well, I know that. I meant roms from the Gateway card didn't show up. I had no idea Card2 games showed up. I would never put my Retail games in this 3DS, unless they're foreign.

11. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    oh, thats odd, even roms i've completely screwed up still at show up lol.

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    gateway are actually using a mash up of 2.x encryption and 6.x encryption afaik (if you edit a rom to use 2.x encryption then edit it to use 6.x the saves will not be compatible which suggest whilst its not proper 6.x, its also not plain old 2.x), also all card1 games will have their saves seen as "broken" as they are not loaded until the game loads

13. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    SaveDataFiler, right? All of 'em show up as broken for me, only installed CIAs work. I haven't tried any Card2 games yet, but I'll check after some messing around with my X RomFS

14. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    Oh, I thought it was just 2.x. You learn something new everyday.

15. Alessandro98
    OP

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks all for helping me, I've a last question, are there many risks of losing save data when dumping the cartridge?

16. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    If it was being played on Gateway Classic Mode, no. If the cart is from a separate 3ds not on 4.5, then the save will get corrupted when trying to load it via gateway. No damage will be done to the cart in any case though.