Hacking Question about my N5 and new games

mb1029

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lately my n5(r4 clone) doesn't seem able to play new games(the main one i want to play is pokemon b/w)

the firmware im running is ysmenu

when ever i try and play a new game, patched or unpatched i get the error "load rom errcode=-4"

it hasn't been to play any games made in the last 4 months or so i think

could anyone give me some tips on how to fix it or maybe a different firmware which would work on my flash card

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well firstly I would make sure you have the latest (official) firmware for the card (although I don't think that has had an update for quite a while) - & IIRC YSMenu hasn't been updated for a while either, but just to check what version are you using ?? - I THINK there is an updated version on filetrip that newer than the one you get from Yasu webpage

According to this page the latest version is v1.32 for the 'N5' and v3.02 for the 'N5i' - (the 'N5i' was apparently updated 2 days ago, not sure about the 'N5' one though)

Alternatively, although I'm not sure it'll work, but since it's a R4/M3 Simply 'clone' you could perhaps try the 'Wood R4' firmware - but IIRC this doesn't work on clones, but you MIGHT be lucky

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mb1029 said:
lately my n5(r4 clone) doesn't seem able to play new games(the main one i want to play is pokemon b/w)

the firmware im running is ysmenu

when ever i try and play a new game, patched or unpatched i get the error "load rom errcode=-4"

it hasn't been to play any games made in the last 4 months or so i think

could anyone give me some tips on how to fix it or maybe a different firmware which would work on my flash card

N5?

Get rid of that shit.....NOW.

It's the only flashcart that actually KILLS DSes.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81389 is one topic on it, but there are many.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.