Hacking Question about homebrew and etc.

OneOfTheSame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been month since I have open my Wii, I bought a new SD card.

The facts:

-Wii 3.2
-Homebrew Channel installed except it don't work because there is nothing in my SD card
-Possible cIOS installed

Where can I get the files to put back into my SD card?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no set standard of files to put on your SD card for the homebrew channel. the homebrew channel is just an application to load whatever other applications you want to load on your wii. So without telling anyone what you want to do, nobody can really tell you what to put on your SD card. Just make an apps folder on the root and put folders in that for whatever app you want to run and get the boot.dol file for said app in each of those folders.

OneOfTheSame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
There's no set standard of files to put on your SD card for the homebrew channel. the homebrew channel is just an application to load whatever other applications you want to load on your wii. So without telling anyone what you want to do, nobody can really tell you what to put on your SD card. Just make an apps folder on the root and put folders in that for whatever app you want to run and get the boot.dol file for said app in each of those folders.

Thanks that what i needed to know.

Someone after reading the FAQs I got the idea of making a Homebrew > App > (Apps itself), I guess the right answer was put to the Apps into the root of the card.

My question now is my Wii in 3.2U and I want to get it to 4.0 whats the best way?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way is to use Waninkoko's update method. Of course it's always a good idea to install BootMii and make a backup of your NAND in case anything goes wrong while updating as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)