Hacking Question about GBA saves

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using rudolphs GBA backup tool to rip my boys GBA carts. The game rips fine but I seem to have issues pulling the game saves. Most of all the games comes back save unknown or EPROM and does not give me the option of saving the file. Is this the correct behavior?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why it's doing this, but there might be another way to rip the saves if you have the right equipment. Do you have a DLDI-capable slot-2 device or an old USB-to-GBA linker cable?

EDIT: Since I forgot I won't be able to respond for a few days, here's my thinking. If you've got a DLDI-capable slot-2 device, use Chishm's cart_save program from http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/i....html#cart_save. If you've got a linker cable, try using FlashManager to dump the save file.

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help Dan, unfortunately all I have is the 3in1 and DSTT cart, no linker or DLDI slot 2 device. So I assume that rudolphs GBA backup can save other types of save info not just SRAM saves?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be able to handle most save types, but perhaps it just doesn't work for certain games. As he hasn't updated the program, I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worries thanks for the advice, by boys will just have to play the games again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la