Hacking Question about Eula problems

Varia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As probably most of you who play games online on a different region system have noticed, some games require changing
the agreement version to maximum using the config app or else we're stuck in an endless loop asking to agree to the user agreement.

So the question is, does this happen with certain games only? Does the bug happen according to how you convert or dump the game?
I have yet to see a person playing EU/US Smash Bros on a JP system who hasn't had this problem, so perhaps it is about the game?

Just wondering if anyone was able to play Smash and MH fine online even without changing the Eula to ff:ff

Last edited by Varia,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
EULA problem only happens on using US games' network on non-US 3DSes.
You should find a config.cia to spoof it.

Varia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I gathered that when building a cia, it's possible to spoof the required eula version to avoid this problem. Not everyone does it tho.

Oh, that's interesting.
Though what I'm really wondering is if the eula bug is inclusive to all when it comes to genuine games and clean dumps, or only specific to some people.
As in if only some unlucky fellas may have this problem while some won't using genuine cards (and without the ability to change the version).

EULA problem only happens on using US games' network on non-US 3DSes.
You should find a config.cia to spoof it.

It's not US games only, EU Smash will have the same problems on a JP system, and maybe even on a US? I've seen mixed reports tbh, even people saying the EU and US eulas are similar.
And I know about changing the Eula version through config, did you not read my OP lol?

Last edited by Varia,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's not US games only, EU Smash will have the same problems on a JP system, and maybe even on a US? I've seen mixed reports tbh, even people saying the EU and US eulas are similar.
And I know about changing the Eula version through config, did you not read my OP lol?
I haven't tried EU SSB but from other EU games I know that EU EULA's confirmination isn't region locked.
If EU SSB has that problem then it should be another issue different from US EULA's confirmination which is region locked.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Varia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried EU SSB but from other EU games I know that EU EULA's confirmination isn't region locked.
If EU SSB has that problem then it should be another issue different from US EULA's confirmination which is region locked.

Well, the Eula bug only happens with certain games, so the EU games you've tried probably don't have it (such as SSFIV).
Otherwise it has nothing to do with the rom being US or EU. Both EU and US roms of MH4U won't function online on a JP system due to different agreement versions. Same with Smash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even