A question about a non issue.

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just dealing with a problem with my 3ds (that’s just fixed now but I had some questions on)

I shut the device off, then whenever I hit the power button, the light flicked on, the right off.

If I held any button while turning it on, I got the error that I could find nothing online for Unsupported MCU FM version.

I took the game card out, and then it turned on just fine, games working fine too, playing it right now.

Attached the image of the error, no problems now but I’m really curious if anyone had ideas of why it happened or what it was.

Attachments

• C252C70B-DF9A-493F-B040-BC8F767D3734.jpeg
    C252C70B-DF9A-493F-B040-BC8F767D3734.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edited to remove my irrelevant question.

All I can find is a result on Reddit with someone else having the same issue:

Is everything else working as normal?

Last edited by Maximumbeans,

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to completely, as I said it doesn’t matter much but I couldn’t find anything myself so wondered if the wizards here knew
Funny thing is I’ve had it modded for quite a while now.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apologies in advance of this sounds rude but. I find it hard to grasp your situation when you're openly only giving us half of the information... you said that it's no longer a problem because you fixed it. yet you don't explain how ... the things you had to do in order to restore it can give hints as to what was wrong with it

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apologies in advance of this sounds rude but. I find it hard to grasp your situation when you're openly only giving us half of the information... you said that it's no longer a problem because you fixed it. yet you don't explain how ... the things you had to do in order to restore it can give hints as to what was wrong with it

I actually did when I mentioned all I had to do was some reason remove the game card, then it booted like normal.

Other info is it was KH:DDD that was in the card slot

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did when I mentioned all I had to do was some reason remove the game card, then it booted like normal.

Other info is it was KH:DDD that was in the card slot
Wait ... So the system still has the problem? ... what I mean is if you put said game card it back in your system and try to power it on from there does(/will) it power on normally? I asked because Electronics don't normally simply stop misfunctioning and from the description you've given so far it doesn't sound like it has stopped misfunctioning it sounds like you just simply stopped triggering it

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait ... So the system still has the problem? ... what I mean is if you put said game card it back in your system and try to power it on from there does(/will) it power on normally? I asked because Electronics don't normally simply stop misfunctioning and from the description you've given so far it doesn't sound like it has stopped misfunctioning it sounds like you just simply stopped triggering it

That’s more why I’m confused, shut it off with the cart in, still turned on just fine.

Turned it off without it then put it in, still turned on.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s more why I’m confused, shut it off with the cart in, still turned on just fine.

Turned it off without it then put it in, still turned on.
Now that is interesting do me a favor open FBI check your title list look for titles in red write down the red title id's and report back here ... the goal here is to try (keyword try) to identify the issues cause

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, gonna be a little busy today but when I get home I’ll try that.

Also I was closing Mario clock when this happened IRRC

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is only a teeny bit old, so I hope a bump isn't unwelcome here:

Turns out this is probably a Luma bug. It has been fixed in the newly-released version 12.

It really does! I honestly hadn’t thought of the issue at all sense it only happened the one time. (Only other crashes I get is retro arch being retroarch) so I just went about my days.

And the bump was very important if someone else who didn’t update has this issue, at least they got an answer
Update with universal updater.
Actually already did just for the new filters so I’m good

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv